Tell me I'm worrying about nothing

(10 Posts)
Babybloooos Wed 15-Mar-17 11:01:16

I have a DS who is 2.6. His conception was a surprise. I hadn't been on the pill for about a year and my DH and I had been using the withdrawal method and avoiding sex around my fertile time. Anyway, I feel pregnant with DS and I just love being a mum. We're now thinking about trying for number two and I worried I'll struggle to conceive as I seem to meet people who have struggled with secondary infertility. It's really made me worry that I'll not have a second baby easily or quickly and the fact that I can't really tell if I fell pregnant with DS quickly because we weren't trying just makes me worry. Am I being unreasonable? I'm not sure why this has worried me so much sad

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Wed 15-Mar-17 11:04:14

You won't know until you try!!
There is plenty of time to worry when you have 2 dc to look after!!
The making them is meant to be the fun bit.

Babybloooos Wed 15-Mar-17 11:09:30

I know. I'm just a natural born worrier and I think because I want it so much im focusing too much on it

peachgreen Wed 15-Mar-17 12:20:28

YABVU. You fell pregnant accidentally. There's absolutely nothing to suggest you'll have any problems the second time around. You haven't even started trying yet. This is a non-problem.

JoJoSM2 Wed 15-Mar-17 12:21:48

Just focus on having fun whilst trying lol Whatever will be, will be and it's out of your control.

ShuttyTown Wed 15-Mar-17 12:28:07

biscuit

Eminybob Wed 15-Mar-17 12:38:55

You might be, you might not be, you won't know until you start trying, so there's not point worrying about it now.

I didn't worry about it, but we are currently ttc no 2 and it isn't happening for us, despite trying for a year. I am under investigation with the doctor at the moment to try and figure out why.

Secondary infertility does happen, but so does people going on to have multiple children. I can't see why you are worrying now.

kimnews Wed 15-Mar-17 13:02:42

YABU to be worrying about this before you've even started trying. Save the worrying for when you're 2 years down the line and no sign of a BFP.

highinthesky Wed 15-Mar-17 13:06:42

OP, worrying certainly isn't help you conceive!

Don't forget to enjoy the journey.

kimann Wed 15-Mar-17 13:10:08

I would be more worried about how I would cope with two little ones (I have an almost 3 year old and a 6 month old - I'm knackered!!!) grin good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now