Talk

Advanced search

Perfect prep machine

(11 Posts)
greylove Tue 14-Mar-17 23:45:27

After seeing a post early this morning about tommee tippee prep machine having mould in the pipes i was more than slightly concerned, devastated to take mine apart and find the same thing, im heartbroken to think ive been givin my baby bottle from a mouldy machine!!!!!
PLEASE SHARE AND ALL CHECK IF U HAVE A TOMMEE TIPPEE PREP MACHINE!!!!!!!!!
Found this one it's on stork sale
Check machine I don't have one but for those that do I thought I would forward to you all

Usernamewithnodigits Wed 15-Mar-17 16:42:14

Ditto Medela electric breastpumps.

previously1474etc Wed 15-Mar-17 16:46:26

I can't help thinking that the things designed to help us are more trouble than they are worth and sometimes it is better to do it the old fashioned way.

Feilin Wed 15-Mar-17 16:49:45

I checked mine. Pipes are clear. Wonder if its happening because the pipes in some models could be loose or leaky? Flossy is nearly 12 months so we will shortly be doing away with ours anyhow.

BlackMirror Wed 15-Mar-17 16:53:02

Oh dear. I smell a mass recall coming

Funnyonion17 Wed 15-Mar-17 16:54:19

I was given one, won't be using it now eww

LilacSpatula Wed 15-Mar-17 17:46:57

Mine is fine smile

Prompto Wed 15-Mar-17 18:04:56

I opened mine up and it's got black mould around the valves that connect the tubes.

I rang the helpline number on their FB post and they've given me a reference number and a free post address to send it back to for investigation. We've been using it as part of mixed feeding only been doing a bottle or two a day from it, just going to drop bottles completely now.

I only use TT filters (I buy them direct from their factory), fresh water goes in the hopper daily and I run the cleaning cycle once a week.

I also smell a mass recall on the way.

Deedee3311 Wed 15-Mar-17 22:38:03

I'm going to check mine tomorrow. It has been in storage for a year and dh wanted to use it for this baby. I said before all this came to light that it's probably got mould in it as you can't get into it and give it a scub etc. I'm interested to see what's inside!

StudentMum92 Wed 15-Mar-17 22:51:25

I've just checked mine, all clear. I've had it and used it daily for 8 months.

Derlei Wed 15-Mar-17 23:29:06

Mine's all clear. I think it's a faulty production batch. How can some people's be fine but others are not, I haven't done anything special

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now