Talk

Advanced search

Reproduction is incredible

(103 Posts)
LittleLionMansMummy Tue 14-Mar-17 23:31:22

A year ago my dd had only just been conceived - a ball of cells containing information and not even yet an embryo. She's now the most beautifully angelic looking 4 month old, sleeping peacefully in her crib, and she rolled over for the first time today. She's a real little human, her character is already emerging. Times like this really do make me catch my breath. How life can change so much in such a short space of time. smile

DJBaggySmalls Tue 14-Mar-17 23:33:04

Those tiny fingernails tho smile

WorraLiberty Tue 14-Mar-17 23:34:16

Aww what a lovely thread thanks

10 minutes ago my eldest DS was born and now he's 25 years old!

Enjoy these moments OP, they go faster than you think smile

Ohyesiam Tue 14-Mar-17 23:39:53

I know. Sometimes it just takes my breath away. I feel so grateful.
And not just kids, last night my son and I went for a night time wander just before his bedtime, and as we climbed to the top of the hill and turned round, the moon has just risen. It was so beautiful, we were both spell bound. I love the beauty of men made things too, but nature just hands it to us, all that free beauty. smile

LittleLionMansMummy Tue 14-Mar-17 23:43:51

Ooh yes we've had some stunning sunrises and sunsets here lately too. It is a wonderful world but all too easy to forget sometimes.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Tue 14-Mar-17 23:58:25

I know. Its amazing, isn't it, and with her being a girl. She'll have been born with all her eggs inside her, so
In effect her own children.
If you think about it. Its like a Russian doll

Knifegrinder Wed 15-Mar-17 00:17:07

It gets even wilder, OP. Ten seconds ago my DS was born, and now he's four, and telling me with an air of great wisdom that 'numbers go on forever, you know, Mummy'. grin

Crowdblundering Wed 15-Mar-17 00:21:28

Great. Why is this in AIBU? confused

sunshineandshow3rs Wed 15-Mar-17 00:29:30

Who made you the thread police crowd?

MrEBear Wed 15-Mar-17 00:29:55

Reproduction and the complexity of it is THE thing that makes me believe in God, it's far too complicated to have happened by chance.

SparkleSunshine201 Wed 15-Mar-17 00:33:35

MrEBear Agreed, it can't have come about by chance. We are wonderfully designed.

Crowdblundering Wed 15-Mar-17 00:36:26

No one - I was just asking a question.

sunshineandshow3rs Wed 15-Mar-17 02:51:45

I don't understand why some people are bothered if a person posts something under a topic that might not necessarily fit.

What does it actually matter? Who does it affect?

JungleInTheRumble Wed 15-Mar-17 05:23:29

Crowdblundering...YABU!

What a lovely thread. I love thinking that one day one of the eggs in me will grow into a little baby (god willing).

TheFifthKey Wed 15-Mar-17 05:26:16

And the egg that made you was once inside your grandmother...I feel a lovely sense of connection to other women when I think about things like that.

skerrywind Wed 15-Mar-17 05:32:54

And the egg that made you was once inside your grandmother.
????

Em no.

TheDowagerCuntess Wed 15-Mar-17 05:42:55

Yes it was, skerrywind.

NisekoWhistler Wed 15-Mar-17 05:44:46

Yes it was skerry

skerrywind Wed 15-Mar-17 06:01:19

The egg that made you was inside your mother. That egg was made by the DNA belonging to her two parents- so 50% of your grandmother's DNA.
Not the same egg.

Wonderflonium Wed 15-Mar-17 06:03:33

skerry, your mum developed inside your gran. your mum made all her eggs before she was born. ergo...

skerrywind Wed 15-Mar-17 06:05:57

Ok, so technically yes, I thought you were suggesting that eggs were carried genetically intact from one generation to the next.

skerrywind Wed 15-Mar-17 06:07:52

Reproduction and the complexity of it is THE thing that makes me believe in God, it's far too complicated to have happened by chance.

We will have to disagree on that one.

picklemepopcorn Wed 15-Mar-17 06:12:38

The egg inside your grandma thing is mind blowing, and has all kinds of implications... We still know so little while thinking we know so much.

skerrywind Wed 15-Mar-17 06:16:34

It's only half your DNA that was "inside" your grandmother- not your complete blueprint.

LeBoob Wed 15-Mar-17 06:49:32

The fact that we grow an entire organ & then just disgard it when we're done blows my tiny mind!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now