Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to advise my friend not to sell clothes on Amazon but to pick another platform, like Etsy?

(6 Posts)
LilacSpatula Tue 14-Mar-17 19:59:59

We are having a debate and I've said I wouldn't order clothing from Amazon. How do you all feel about this as I think it's a no go and would buy clothes from other outlets. I may be in the minority though?

HecateAntaia Tue 14-Mar-17 20:03:40

if she's asking for your opinion there's nothing wrong with giving it.

are you asking if we would buy clothes from amazon?
i would. i do. i buy most stuff from amazon these days.

FlouncingInAWinterWonderland Tue 14-Mar-17 20:03:42

I looked at selling on Amazon but the automated returns policy bothered me. I sell on eBay. I buy a lot on amazon and ebay. Ocassionally from etsy. I buy second hand clothes from ebay, the odd new very cheap thing. I would buy new branded stuff from Amazon but bespoke i'd go to etsy or not on the high street.

I found that the Etsy views per listing was tiny in comparisson to other platforms.

LilacSpatula Tue 14-Mar-17 20:06:53

Hmm, interesting. Yes, essentially I'm asking if you would buy clothing from Amazon? It's not branded (as a recognisable brand) but is new.

NoWinNoFfi Tue 14-Mar-17 20:07:39

Amazon is the most popular site amongst millennials for buying clothes, so it probably makes good business sense to list on there.

But i take it you have a moral objection to buying through Amazon? If so, could you please explain the basis? Genuinely interested.

LilacSpatula Tue 14-Mar-17 20:09:43

Nothing moral I just maybe don't trust it as much as other places. I don't even know why. I would by branded items but I find Amazon quite transactional. Interesting about millenials though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now