Talk

Advanced search

To be a bit weirded out (selling houses)

(5 Posts)
Dearlittleflo Tue 14-Mar-17 17:55:20

Our house is on the market and last week we had an offer from someone claiming to be a cash buyer. They were v pushy with the agent, said they wanted to exchange v quickly etc.

We had a bit of to and fro on the price and in the end agreed a figure- not a round number (let's say it was £672k- it wasn't that but that sort of thing).

The very next day after we'd agreed and taken it off the market, they pulled out- annoying.

Now here is the weird thing- a similar house to ours on the same street has just gone on the market, and the price they are asking is exactly what we had agreed to sell at- £672k. Isn't that weird?

Do you think our buyer was just a time waster trying to get info on the market for his mate? Ew. I hate moving house.

Allthebestnamesareused Tue 14-Mar-17 18:15:30

If it is on with the same agent maybe the agent said we had an offer for £672K on house X and they may have said well we want a quick sale so put it on for that!

contractor6 Tue 14-Mar-17 18:24:26

But weird but maybe coincidence. Given my recent dealings id blame the EA wink good luck with selling

LizzyButton Tue 14-Mar-17 19:11:54

It is hard to say. My experience of watching my parents being messed around by two sets of buyers who in the end weren't is that you don't believe anything until a move happens.

BounceBounceSplishSplash Tue 14-Mar-17 19:14:30

I think it would be down to the EA rather than a fake buyer. Is the house with the same EA as you or a different one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now