Talk

Advanced search

To ask about raspberry ripple bunny

(22 Posts)
lilyboleyn Tue 14-Mar-17 10:16:16

Well, this will completely out me but I'm a bit desperate.
We had a traumatic night last night when raspberry ripple bunny fell in the bath and had to spend a few hours on the radiator instead of taking on her role as baby-protector. It was really bad blush
So I've spent ages this morning searching for another one on t'internet with no success.
She's a jellycat, and her official name is raspberry ripple bunny.
Pleeeease can someone help me find another? I'm feeling actual terror that we might (gasp) lose her one day and won't have another...
TIA lovely MNers! smile

Onegreatday Tue 14-Mar-17 10:21:50

There's a strawberry one on jelly at site that's a very similar colour. Personally I would buy 2 or 3 in different colours and introduce them now. That way your dd will become accustomed to them and if one gets left at granny's house or whatever she has the others. If you try to get one exactly the same she will still notice the difference as it wont feel the same.

(3dcs here, lots of toy attachment experience! smile )

MrsSeverusSnape Tue 14-Mar-17 10:24:30

Yeah I can see plenty bashful strawberry but no raspberry ripple.

I agree with OneGreat, start introducing similar but not identical bunnies alongside Raspberry so she eventually accepts them. I had to do this with my son's Bertie Bear, over time he accepted Mr Bear as an equal.

Comealongpond89 Tue 14-Mar-17 10:25:10

My dd has the exact same one in pale pink. I live in Cheltenham and for mine from the only shop I know that does them. It's called jojo maman bebe. I don't know if they have a website. Might be worth a look. I know how you feel. I did have a white one as a back up but that's disappeared! Dd will only have the pink one now so I have to try and wash and dry it before she notices! Good luck

lilyboleyn Tue 14-Mar-17 10:27:26

Ha, thanks ladies.
We have about 10 different but similar jellycat bunnies. She also sleeps with a blue one.
Sadly RR bunny is the only one that will do at the moment. She can completely tell the difference! grin

bettytaghetti Tue 14-Mar-17 10:32:53

Could you introduce the strawberry one as one that has had a bath and that's why the colour changed slightly?
Totally feel for you, as DS2 had a version of this same bunny when he was little and we lost it when on holiday in Majorca. I drove back late at night to search around the harbour where we'd been having dinner earlier that evening, to no avail. Rest of holiday was a nightmare trying to get him to sleep, despite DS1 very sweetly offering him his sleeping buddy. When we got home I bought a couple of spares, and in fact 16 years on, still have the brand new spare versions of both sons' cuddly toys somewhere in a cupboard!

Onegreatday Tue 14-Mar-17 10:37:40

Possibly she's got too many to form a meaningful attachment with a different one. I would personally reduce the number, have three max always on her bed and occasionally show her you are washing one so she gets used to it not being available 100% of the time.

Onegreatday Tue 14-Mar-17 10:39:58

I can tell you that after a few wash and dries, they do not feel the same so you'd have to wash and dry the duplicate, if you find one, equally grin also keep it secret because if she spots there are two she'll want both and will be just as heartbroken if one of the two go missing.

Voice of weary experience...

BarryTheKestrel Tue 14-Mar-17 10:40:10

Check on the jelly cat website to see if it's been retired. If it has email them. My DDs favourite was retired before I had chance to buy a spare. I emailed Jelly Cat, called and spoke to a lovely lady to found the last one in the warehouse and posted it out to me the next day. The problem with Jelly cat toys is that they retire them after a year or two, so if you can afford to, always buy two instead of one and rotate!

lilyboleyn Tue 14-Mar-17 10:50:15

Good idea. This is one I bought ten years ago pre baby, that she then nicked off of me!
Have emailed jellycat to see what they say...

highinthesky Tue 14-Mar-17 10:52:12

I have to say it looks good enough to eat grin

TupperwareTat Tue 14-Mar-17 10:57:37

We have a shop very near that sells them, I will have a look bear

lilyboleyn Tue 14-Mar-17 11:05:27

flowers thank you

Applebite Tue 14-Mar-17 11:14:56

How about queenie, is this similar enough?

www.worldofbears.com/acatalog/Jellycat-BAS3QE-Bashful-Queenie-15140.html#SID=139

Prob not, based on what you say, but it's darker than the other pinks!

SistersOfPercy Tue 14-Mar-17 11:33:34

Sherbet Bunny is close?

www.jellyexpress.co.uk/jellycat-retired/bashful-sherbet-bunny.html

lilyboleyn Tue 14-Mar-17 12:28:16

apple close but wrong material, sorry.
Sherbet bunny looks close! But also retired... blush

lilyboleyn Tue 14-Mar-17 12:28:56

Oh no wait, available in other sizes. Might be worth a punt in the absence of RR...

hellokittymania Tue 14-Mar-17 12:32:54

No advice but the title got me over excited as I thought it was about some kind of exotic Easter ice cream . grin

anonymice Tue 14-Mar-17 12:33:47

check TK Maxx. My sister got a similar jellycat bunny from there not long ago. They sometimes get 'retired' stock from jellycat.

CleanHonestGoals Tue 14-Mar-17 13:12:19

I work at Tkmaxx and have had some jellycat teddies come in on one delivery last week so as the previous poster stated it might be worth nipping in

SouthWindsWesterly Tue 14-Mar-17 13:17:16

Is this the correct one in the US?

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291773086403

lilyboleyn Tue 14-Mar-17 13:41:25

So close but no cigar!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now