Talk

Advanced search

To hate threads that wander along for pages once issue has been resolved

(11 Posts)
joystir59 Tue 14-Mar-17 10:01:05

AIBU to be sick of threads have a habit of OP posing question, responses come in, OP thanks everyone for responses and decides on what he/she will do.... and then the thread just continues for pages without any input from OP with everyone just throwing in opinion after opinion, going round and round in circles, often covering the same ground again and again, going round and round in circles, repeated attempts to mind read OP and what he/she is doing now, then going on and on and on and on.....

JonesyAndTheSalad Tue 14-Mar-17 10:02:22

Well I don't mind them as long as it wasn't my OP!

I sometimes find that I take the advice etc and then it goes on and on with people giving the same bloody advice over and over.

I bugger off but they all keep coming and then saying "Where's OP?"

So YANBU.

Sparklingbrook Tue 14-Mar-17 10:03:40

The 'Hide Thread' function is your friend.

WorraLiberty Tue 14-Mar-17 10:04:08

I think what normally happens is that once the OP has finished with the thread, other conversations between posters break out that are loosely based on the OP.

I think it's the natural course of things really on a chat forum.

user1471517900 Tue 14-Mar-17 10:04:08

Good point OP. Thanks for raising it. We can end the thread now.

joystir59 Tue 14-Mar-17 10:06:18

Lol!

HecateAntaia Tue 14-Mar-17 10:43:32

I don't really care tbh.

It's not my thread and I don't care if strangers are arguing on the internet.

Actually. That's a lie. I sit there refreshing madly.

It's like having a glass against the wall, listening to the neighbours squabble. grin

HecateAntaia Tue 14-Mar-17 10:44:20

I've just outed myself as a creepy bastard who watches you all for my own entertainment.

grin

Batteriesallgone Tue 14-Mar-17 10:45:29

Hecate

Me too blushgrin

eddiemairswife Tue 14-Mar-17 10:54:01

I hate it when quite an interesting thread ends up with 2 or 3 people bickering over an obscure point, and referencing various research papers to prove they are right.

WorraLiberty Tue 14-Mar-17 11:14:13

It can be quite amusing when two posters have a bit of a spat on a thread, but god yes, some do get into 'referencing research wars' grin

After a while they must realise that the other person isn't clicking the links, so they go back and copy/paste huge walls of text onto the thread.

I sit there thinking 'nope, no-one's going to read that either' grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now