Talk

Advanced search

work and adhd teenager

(5 Posts)
barbsbarbs Tue 14-Mar-17 07:56:47

I have a lot of worry about ,y teenage son whos 15 and is refusing to go to school riight now, but yesterday I took my boss aside to query some points about a meeting we had about various clients and something my line manager had said about how we deal with these clients. However the boss basically wasnt listening to me and otr my point of view or my concerns. so i walked out the meeting saying your not even loistening to me. she called me back a lit later telling me i was unprofessional for walking out the meeting and proceeded to tell me that I would have the client who was on my list anymore. I was in tears in the office and was advised to go home from my line manager and noot come into work until a meeting is arranged with the big boss. I feel small, alone and emotional and dont know what to do.

MrsTwix Tue 14-Mar-17 08:05:24

It will be ok, you will have an uncomfortable meeting and be made to apologise and then life will go on. BTDTGTTS.

Get someone to go in the meeting with you, union rep or similar.

Meanwhile go to your GP because it sounds like you are stressed out and it's not your normal self.

MrsTwix Tue 14-Mar-17 08:06:21

As for your son, that's a whole other post!

SuperPug Tue 14-Mar-17 08:06:26

I think you need to explain some of the situation at home to your boss, the stress you're under and why you acted like that, offering a genuine apology.
Re: your son - I teach pupils with ADHD. That doesn't really give him an excuse to miss school. How is the school following this up? Is he in his final GCSE year? That's a pretty big deal if he's missing lots of lessons and you need to discuss this with his school.

RachelRagged Tue 14-Mar-17 11:05:11

For the past 2 years I have had meeting upon meeting over a DS of mine OP

If you want any advise, know what goes on , feel free to inbox me . Try not to stress, I used to stress and no good did it do me .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now