Talk

Advanced search

To think casserole/stew gravy is the best

(8 Posts)
LouisevilleLlama Mon 13-Mar-17 22:34:27

There's just something about making a casserole, stew or any type of long simmering gravy that I just LOVE i feel I could literally drink it by the cup.

AIBU

StripeyDress Mon 13-Mar-17 22:42:12

You can. It's called soup. HTH

BaggypantsCrimplesnitch Mon 13-Mar-17 22:47:11

Have you ever been to Barbados, Louise? We had a once in a lifetime holiday there many moons ago. Instead of fish and chips you can buy flying fish (yes, really!) with rice and peas, and they ask you if you want gravy; if you say yes (and you should!) they will ladle it out of one of the big tureens of stew that have been bubbling away probably since the stall was built. It's just delicious!

LouisevilleLlama Mon 13-Mar-17 22:48:21

What kind of soup? I can't off the top of my head think of one that tastes like casserole gravy hmm

LouisevilleLlama Mon 13-Mar-17 22:51:20

I haven't baggy but it sounds like my kind of place!

QueenMortificado Mon 13-Mar-17 22:54:29

The words stew and casserole remind me so much of the meat-and-carrots-boiled-in-water that we had when we were children I can never make it for myself. Even a really tasty recipe just wouldn't work. I can't reconcile the words stew and casserole with anything tasty.

So on that basis, YABU

WorraLiberty Mon 13-Mar-17 22:57:13

YANBU

I'm making a lamb stew tomorrow with the leftovers from the Sunday roast and I'm really looking forward to the gravy, more than anything grin

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Mon 13-Mar-17 23:23:59

Fuckin love stew. YANBU.

Soup is a paltry excuse for stew gravy Stripey you absolute mad woman.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now