Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think I should be offered a discount?

(3 Posts)
TathitiPete Mon 13-Mar-17 20:44:28

I left my laptop in for repairs on Feb 14th. They said it needed a new battery and a new keyboard and would cost £90 to fix. The man I spoke to also said it wouldn't be ready until the following week as they needed to order the parts.

DH was in the area today and dropped in to see how the repair was going. The guy told him that the keyboard had been replaced so that was fine but the battery he had ordered turned out to be faulty so he just fixed the original battery instead. Not quite fixed, he replaced the cells. The laptop will really only work if it remains plugged in. Otherwise you'll get about a half an hour out of the battery.

Yet he's still charging the £90. When DH questioned this he said it was for labour. AIBU to be unhappy being charged the full cost when the laptop isn't really fixed? It still has its old battery so I'm concerned that replacing the cells will prolong its life for a while but it will soon deteriorate as it's an old battery. The price I was quoted was supposed to include a new battery which would have meant a functioning laptop for much longer. I'm paying the same but getting less.

Am I massively missing something here or is this not acceptable?

DJBaggySmalls Mon 13-Mar-17 20:46:02

You've paid for a new battery, that was the agreement, and thats what you should get.

KnittedDress Mon 13-Mar-17 21:10:57

YANBU

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now