Advanced search

AIBU to ask you if...

(6 Posts)
user1489434024 Mon 13-Mar-17 19:44:05

My name isn't on mortgage etc and I want to end relationship with husband, is there a way I can get him to leave and me and kids stay in the family home? Even temporarily? If so how can I enforce this?

Happyandhungry Mon 13-Mar-17 19:47:41

Get a good solicitor or speak to him if you think he'll be reasonable. You are married so you have rights. flowers

Happyandhungry Mon 13-Mar-17 19:48:28

...sorry i meant rights to the house whether your name is on mortgage/deeds or not. By marriage its as much your house as his. And i am a mortgagr advisor so i see this a lot.

SookiesSocks Mon 13-Mar-17 19:49:04

You can apy for an occupation order.
CAB Advice

SookiesSocks Mon 13-Mar-17 19:49:25


Honeybee79 Mon 13-Mar-17 19:50:41

You're married so all your assets go into the one "pot" for the purposes of a divorce settlement, regardless of the house just being in his name. Go see a solicitor and get some decent advice. Much will depend on circumstances, needs of any children etc.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: