Talk

Advanced search

Younique

(113 Posts)
Crowdblundering Mon 13-Mar-17 19:40:20

Is it a cult?

What the hell is it?

Someone "normal" on my FB is evangelical about it like they have been totally brainwashed.

Is it really this amazing "opportunity" and "dream" or is it a load of old bollocks - it's just overpriced mascara isn't it?

Bantanddec Mon 13-Mar-17 19:42:28

Pyramid selling

wizzywig Mon 13-Mar-17 19:43:12

Lots of hashtagging, pm's and huns

Crowdblundering Mon 13-Mar-17 19:43:53

Is it "special" that shite drives me batshit ...hmm

BrightonBelleCat Mon 13-Mar-17 19:44:45

A lady I work with has just started selling the teas. Her inbox is apparently on fire. Every single person who wants more info and is replied with a 'I'll message you hun' is another Mlm bot. There is a whole thread on its somewhere.

Crowdblundering Mon 13-Mar-17 19:45:49

Younique make tea?!

BrightonBelleCat Mon 13-Mar-17 19:47:52

No no it's another mlm thing that I can't seem to escape. It's all the same as juice plus and forever living etc

Wolfiefan Mon 13-Mar-17 19:49:36

Pyramid selling. Selling shit to your soon to be ex friends.

TheHodgeoftheHedge Mon 13-Mar-17 19:50:50

m.youtube.com/watch?v=s6MwGeOm8iI

StruggleAvenue Mon 13-Mar-17 19:52:43

Heinous pyramid selling scheme that involves millions of facebook posts a day regarding 'life changing opportunities' and 'PM me hun and I'll give you the details'. A seemingly completely sensible colleague has started it recently and is very keen on bringing in her really shitty samples. I got trapped in the staff room and came out after lunch with awful lipstick she forced on me and got a lot of hmm looks.

housewifebynamenotnature Mon 13-Mar-17 19:57:24

'People' I know genuinely think I've had my fucking brain removed when they chat this ridiculous shit to me. I don't want to drink juice or wear that cheap tat on my face.

It's not a cult, it's "a sisterhood." That's what my friend, who is a Younique robot (I think she's beyond help), reliably informs me. hmm

SoulLove Mon 13-Mar-17 20:01:54

I've seen photos and facebook posts about a recent thing some of them attended in Vegas and it does actually look cult-like shock

BrightonBelleCat Mon 13-Mar-17 20:03:16

The best inspirational response on FB I've read today is.

'I'm going to the very top and I'm taking you with me babes'

'Thanks hunnii I can't wait so excited.

They are all so excited. I've never been this excited about anything in my life ever.

SoulLove Mon 13-Mar-17 20:03:22

I am genuinely shocked at some of the people I know who have been sucked in by this. Videos of them crying 'tears of happiness' on Facebook and everything.

TheWitTank Mon 13-Mar-17 20:04:19

But hun! You will be making thousands a month and be a totally, like, independent biznizz women with a mercedes! As well as being a brilliant mum with endless time for the kiddies! #girlpower

Horrendous pyramid selling.

DJBaggySmalls Mon 13-Mar-17 20:04:21

Have you seen The Stepford Wives? Yeah its that but you have to buy shit from them like £20 mascara.
Block and run.

ILoveDolly Mon 13-Mar-17 20:07:08

To make any money they have to keep on recruiting new bots as well as sell the products. It's all a bit scary and weird

BrightonBelleCat Mon 13-Mar-17 20:07:51

The lady that I work with literally has no spare cash a month. She is always moaning about it and on the phone to the bank and credit card company etc. pushing payments around she gets herself into a right state about it.

On FB she constantly posts 'just booking holiday for me and the fam, love my business'

ForFiveMinutes Mon 13-Mar-17 20:08:58

£70 worth of shit make up and her life was so much better hun

gottaloveascamhun Mon 13-Mar-17 20:10:18

Look at Botwatch on Facebook and there's also a thread on MN. Highly entertaining grin

TipTop333 Mon 13-Mar-17 20:11:03

It is a way for people to lose their savings and fall into a state of despair and depression whilst hiding behind a fb and Instagram profile that supposedly shows the best life evah because they are desperate to recruit more poor sods as it might help them out of the debt they have created for themselves, regardless of the ethics behind dragging someone else down with them.

(And breathe)

Crowdblundering Mon 13-Mar-17 20:12:26

She's visiting some "guru" today and he looks decidedly sleazy ....

harderandharder2breathe Mon 13-Mar-17 20:12:36

I had to unfollow 2 FB friends this weekend, one keeps posting those oyster pearl opening bollocks, another has been sucked into Kyani and attended a training course in the US on how to spout bollocks.

Kittylongpopping Mon 13-Mar-17 20:13:26

I see fb posts each day with a before and after of the mascara. At first i thought it was a joke, it looks horrendous; spider's legs dipped in tar

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now