Talk

Advanced search

To be thinking about a new job already?

(3 Posts)
SharkiraSharkira Mon 13-Mar-17 14:20:36

I'm currently working part time as I am studying at uni but this is my last year and I am really trying to get a job that I can stay in and build a career in. I work in catering.

I started a new job in a start up company about a month ago. So far its been really good - I like the bosses, the work and workload is fine, and the working conditions are great. My collegues are also lovely and I get on with them really well which are all great plus points.

I find everything is all absolutely fine until we get busy. At that point, however, everything changes and I find the work a lot harder than it should be. The main problem is with the manager tbh, I feel really bad even writing this because she is really lovely but she just is completely clueless. This is her first job in about a decade and she just has no experience of working in this industry. She runs around like a headless chicken and doesn't know how to do anything without help, meaning that other staff members have to stop what we are doing to help her, and when I need help half the time I need to stop what I'm doing so I can do it myself because she can't. So I'm trying to do my job and hers simultaneously and its so stressful when we are busy.

We are currently in a quiet time of the year and I just can't deal with the thought that we might get twice as busy when we'll still have the same situation with not having a proper person working alongside me who knows what they are doing.

I don't know what to do. I would try talking to the bosses/to her directly but there have been many times so far where I've tried to offer my opinion and advice and I just get ignored. Aibu to just look for something else or keep at it and hope it gets better?

SharkiraSharkira Mon 13-Mar-17 16:41:28

Am I being overly harsh? Should I just try and talk to her? I would feel awful going to my boss and explaining what she could do better/differently but I just can't cope with the idea of it being busy everyday and having to do everything myself.

Astro55 Mon 13-Mar-17 16:44:30

Why not speak generally to the bosses?

Raise it as X routine isn't working very well - could we try it X way?

Keep it about the companybwould benefit if we didnX rather than about you or her iyswim

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now