Talk

Advanced search

To ask how you feel about Article 50 being triggered tomorrow

(756 Posts)
Ehsamy Mon 13-Mar-17 11:37:25

or at some point this month?

And I know there is a EU board tucked away somewhere but I'm interested in everyone's views.

Ehsamy Mon 13-Mar-17 12:04:04

Anyone??

HookandSwan Mon 13-Mar-17 12:05:09

It's what the country voted for so I'm going to wait with an open mind and hope it works out well for us.

silversparkles Mon 13-Mar-17 12:05:19

"At last!" is my thought!

SallyInSweden Mon 13-Mar-17 12:08:22

Relief, that we sold our U.K. house and transferred the money out before the referendum last year.

Glad that our kids have access to EU passports.

Sad for those going to get left behind.

TheNaze73 Mon 13-Mar-17 12:08:24

As a Remainer, it saddens me a bit but, like a dying animal, the U.K, just needs to get on with it, be put out of its misery & look forward to the next 10 years, which will be tough

purits Mon 13-Mar-17 12:08:33

When the vote came out the EU were trying to bounce us into triggering A50 straight away. I'm glad that TM has shown backbone and said that she will trigger at a time to suit us.
Bring it on!

witsender Mon 13-Mar-17 12:09:08

A bit like a turkey in December.

catgirl1976 Mon 13-Mar-17 12:09:49

Sad and uncertain of the future. I think this is a huge mistake. I'd like to see the Lords revolt and block it but that isn't going to happen.

I think we will regret this. My main view on Brexit is that it should never have been subject to a referendum in the first place.

UncontrolledImmigrant Mon 13-Mar-17 12:10:36

I feel like I am strapped into Thelma and Louise's convertible only no one is holding my hand

Mind, the movie freeze framed there so for all we know they landed brilliantly, securing lucrative trade deals with, like, Vanuatu or something

HateSummer Mon 13-Mar-17 12:11:29

Its the beginning of the end. I predict war within the next 10-15 years. Maybe sooner.

ilovesooty Mon 13-Mar-17 12:12:03

What catgirl said.
I'm trying not to think about it quote frankly. I don't feel any better about it than I felt the day after the referendum and I am still feeling disempowered and angry.

ilovesooty Mon 13-Mar-17 12:12:22

Quite frankly.

megletthesecond Mon 13-Mar-17 12:12:27

Worried. no change there then

Valentine2 Mon 13-Mar-17 12:12:51

What Naze said. It's going to be very hard. Already getting harder though I am sure a lot of people haven't noticed that yet.
But I hate to be in limbo and I want May to do this suicide now and get done with it. It's literally doing our image no good.

alltouchedout Mon 13-Mar-17 12:13:07

Like crying.

CycleHire Mon 13-Mar-17 12:13:22

Sad and scared. It's not what I wanted and I think it's a big big mistake. I can only hope I'm wrong.

oldwife Mon 13-Mar-17 12:13:29

Despondent.

It's going to happen but I don't want it to.

My future was planned out. Now - not so much.

angry

purits Mon 13-Mar-17 12:15:21

My main view on Brexit is that it should never have been subject to a referendum in the first place.

On the contrary, we should have had a referendum about going into the Single Market. We were never given that vote, the politicians imposed it on us.

MoreThanUs Mon 13-Mar-17 12:15:50

Bring it on.
I think it will go much better than some people are predicting and we'll wonder what the fuss was about.
Pleased Theresa has taken charge of it and goes to negotiations with a fairly free hand.

fairweathercyclist Mon 13-Mar-17 12:16:55

Off we go over the cliff-edge.

I am glad that TM delayed for this long as it has given people more time to put plans in place if they are in a position to do so (including all those Leave voters desperately applying for Irish passports, no doubt). A few more Brits living in continental Europe will have qualified for local citizenship so I agree that it's good that she ignored the EU trying to bounce us into it.

AmyInTheBoonies Mon 13-Mar-17 12:19:10

I feel like I want to leave England and that I cannot see anything positive in Brexit at all!

I also feel very pissed off with Jeremy Corbyn for being useless and the only politician who seems to be making sense is Nichola Sturgeon. Unfortunately I'm stuck in England and worried about where the hell we are going.

Morphene Mon 13-Mar-17 12:20:21

I feel like <sigh>

I hate that this is happening and I really wish it wasn't. It has made me feel like an alien in my own country.

Aeroflotgirl Mon 13-Mar-17 12:22:40

At last!

lummox Mon 13-Mar-17 12:23:33

Sick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now