Talk

Advanced search

Holiday argument - WIBU?

(7 Posts)
LaVacheKiri Mon 13-Mar-17 10:15:20

Sorry, bit of a long one.
Flew back from our holiday yesterday and the airport was absolute chaos!

We had to present passports to get in the airport and there was initially only one queue open. I was holding DS who was fast asleep.
They open a second line so moved into the second line with a fair few people in from of us.
Get towards the front and a group in the queue next to us is complaining because their queue is taking much too long. I overhear one of them say that they should just move to the next queue (ours) and to force they way through.

One of them then starts pushing into me and hits DS' leg with his luggage; this is the ensuing "conversation":
Me: excuse me, can you try not to hit my son's leg with your luggage
Man: I haven't got eyes in the back of my head
Me: if you're going to push in to another queue maybe you should look around you
Man: I have been queuing for a really long time
Me: we all have, doesn't mean you can go barging into people
Man: well maybe you should watch your child better
Me: hmm

He then tries to stare me down and turns around to the rest of his group and starts calling me a muppet and a bellend so I ignore them (not interested if the only argument back is insulting someone).
My partner turns around and tells them it's not necessary to start name calling and is met with a barrage of "shut up you muppet".

Now I don't think IWBU but when I brought it up a while later, my OH said I shouldn't have confronted them about it

So, WIBU? I am not a confrontational person at all so pulling someone up on their behaviour is a pretty big thing for me.

VladmirsPoutine Mon 13-Mar-17 10:19:10

They were fucking ridiculous! Ywnbu.

I also hate confrontation but I agree with you. I hate people like this.

Bantanddec Mon 13-Mar-17 10:38:23

Yanbu!! He was a prick!!

JunosRevenge Mon 13-Mar-17 10:39:50

YANBU, OP. I would have called him out too. I can't stand bullying and rudeness.

Bleu2 Mon 13-Mar-17 10:41:34

Your OH is out of line too ! How is it your fault?
He was happy for a random man to bulldoze into your DS? Wow!

NavyandWhite Mon 13-Mar-17 10:43:36

There's no reasoning with some people. He was a cock. Don't let it take a minute of your brain space and detract from your holiday.

LaVacheKiri Mon 13-Mar-17 11:00:30

Thanks! I did have a go at OH about it but he is even less confrontational than I am.
I am definitely not going to let this tarnish the great holiday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now