Talk

Advanced search

Holiday birthday and pushchairs

(11 Posts)
Stardust1901 Mon 13-Mar-17 07:05:13

We've just booked a summer holiday, our beautiful DD will be turning 1 during the holiday. I don't think family will be pleased! But I think we can celebrate either before or after we get back?

Also does anyone have any recommendations for a cheap pushchair suitable for a 1 year old for a holiday abroad?

Thanks!

Twig45 Mon 13-Mar-17 07:10:15

Don't go too cheap as you need it to recline for sleeps and it will need a good if your going hot or rain cover if not- best thing did was just go to mothercare etc and see what's on special offer - I got a £130 one for £55 and it's lasted 5 years and lots of holidays

Twig45 Mon 13-Mar-17 07:10:39

Sorry meant it needs hood

Thomasthetank456 Mon 13-Mar-17 07:15:16

Lidl have a baby event this week selling hauk pushchairs don't know if they are any good

TestingTestingWonTooFree Mon 13-Mar-17 07:16:01

I agree that you would benefit from reclining and a hood if you're hoping DD can nap in it.

Sistafromanuthamista Mon 13-Mar-17 07:18:53

I bought Silvercross Zest, rrp is £130 but it's usually on offer somewhere. Has really big sun hood, a strap so you can throw it over your shoulder when folded and I can push it one handed.

When I was looking for a stroller I was impressed with Mothercare's own brand. I can't remember the name but it was cobalt blue with a geometric design, circa £50. Seemed very easy to push.

fb selling groups always have strollers on there

Mumzypopz Mon 13-Mar-17 07:20:26

Wouldn't bother me at all that she was turning one on holiday. You will get to celebrate it together as your own little family, which is how it should be. My Mils expected me to take my DD to theirs on her first birthday and then every birthday after that and leave her there for the day. Best to set your boundaries now.

Scottishchick39 Mon 13-Mar-17 07:23:10

We bought a Zeta Vooom stroller for holidays, it was fab. It reclines right back plus has an extending hood.
Baby Travel Zeta Vooom - Ocean Blue Stroller Buggy Pushchair From Birth Complete With Free Raincover https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00G9Z5NBG/ref=cmsww_rcpp_tai_PIKXybTMTB02F

acquiescence Mon 13-Mar-17 07:29:31

Silver cross zest is fab for holiday. As the above poster said it had a really long extended hood.

Catdogcat Mon 13-Mar-17 07:43:04

We have a my babiie one for holidays as it has a huge sun canopy hood which almost touches the bar in the middle, and lies flat for naps.

It comes in loads of different patterns, we just chose the one which was on offer in mothercare.

Stardust1901 Mon 13-Mar-17 08:38:28

Thank you, will have a look. Might wait for a baby event somewhere!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now