Talk

Advanced search

To ask deliveries to come to my front door

(5 Posts)
YouJumpIJumpJack Sun 12-Mar-17 11:23:24

I live in a small block of flats, third floor but no lift and I'm on mat leave with 5mo DS and DP works ft so I'm usually home alone with ds.

Lately whenever I answer the buzzer to delivery drivers they get the hump when I ask nicely if they could bring it upstairs as I have a baby. Although some are lovely clearly understand.

Obviously, I can't leave DS in the flat to go downstairs (I'm often mid nappy change or feed anyway) and on the few occasions I have gone downstairs with DS I'm then left with a big awkward box and a squirming baby trying to get upstairs.

I understand the drivers are busy but I pay for delivery to my door so am I really being that out of order? I'm starting to feel a bit guilty every time I ask them to come upstairs.

Teatimebear Sun 12-Mar-17 11:26:37

You're not being out of order, but their employers are and that puts them in a difficult position. They are strictly timed and aren't paid if they don't deliver fast enough. I used to be a delivery courier years ago when I was a student but I'd never do it now it sounds horrible.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Sun 12-Mar-17 11:26:52

Surely the whole point of home deliver is that it's to your door?
Insist it's to your front door.

SilverDragonfly1 Sun 12-Mar-17 12:09:36

Don't ask them to please bring it up. Just say 'okay' and buzz the door open. I bet half of them don't even consider not bringing it up until it's presented to them as a choice and a favour to you.

JoJoSM2 Sun 12-Mar-17 12:41:33

You need to check delivery terms and conditions. Often, goods are delivered to the front door of the building and not up to the flat. Baby or not, it might not be the delivery driver's job to climb all those stairs with a heavy box.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now