Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else fed up & slightly grossed out by the V.I.POO Ad?!?!

(69 Posts)
NotaSnowflake Sun 12-Mar-17 09:41:56

It's every. Single. Ad break. And i have a seriously sensitive stomach so if I'm eating my breakfast/lunch/dinner and it comes on it puts me right off! (And yes I eat with the tv on as cannot fit a dining table into my tiny house! No judgey comments please).

Has put me right off chocolate Donuts....

I think maybe it's more to do with the fact that it's constant. Bringing up the subject of post-toilet smell issues every 5/10 minutes with the animation on top.

Am I being unreasonable or is there anyone else out here that is actively watching things on Sky+ to purposely be able to whizz through ad breaks just to avoid it?!

No mean comments please. This is intended as a light hearted thread grin

user0000000001 Sun 12-Mar-17 09:44:21

The thing that grosses me out about it it, looking at that and the Poo Pourri ad, it's apparently only women that should worry about their shit smelling like shit.

AQuietMind Sun 12-Mar-17 09:44:41

I seen it for the first time yesterday and I thought it was some sort of spoof for a comedy show or something. It reminded my of the fist time I seen the Osbourns programme and I couldn't work out if it was real or not grin

PollyBanana Sun 12-Mar-17 09:46:35

Not having a dining table doesn't mean you have to have the television on. hmm

halfofme Sun 12-Mar-17 09:47:37

I also thought it was a joke the first time I saw it. It's a ridiculous product and an awful advert and on all the time even on kids channels. My 4 year old is often referring to vi poo and cracking up now hmm

ophiotaurus Sun 12-Mar-17 09:47:48

I actually thought it was an April fools day thing.

Bahhhhhumbug Sun 12-Mar-17 09:48:12

No YANBU. I hate all the bloody toothpaste adverts or any series or drama where it seems every time you look at the telly you see someone spitting into a sink and blood in it if it's a toothpaste advert. Bleugh and why?? it's hardly crucial to the plot is
it!! Yes we know people brush their teeth ... ok.... got it!! <and breathe>

SaorAlbaGuBrath Sun 12-Mar-17 09:49:42

It's not a ridiculous product, it's a ridiculous advert. The product itself was borne out of necessity for people with bowel problems feeling self conscious or anxious using public toilets. The advert however is the most sexist pile of shite pun intended I've ever seen and it does piss me off.

DonaldStott Sun 12-Mar-17 09:49:43

post-toilet smell issues

You mean 'shit'

Bahhhhhumbug Sun 12-Mar-17 09:51:32

Sorry not seen the ad that is the subject of the thread but just needed get that off mi chest grin

outcrops Sun 12-Mar-17 09:51:48

I love it!

Mungobungo Sun 12-Mar-17 09:52:10

First watch was with amused disbelief. Now it's on all the time and I'm getting really annoyed with it. The combination of the fact that it's a woman worried about leaving a shitty smell behind, that it's a man who goes in to the bathroom after to get the full effect of the 'I shit roses' experience and the use of the horrible puns like 'punish the porcelain' and 'devils dumplings' really gives me the rage.

I feel like it was made by a group of silly, giggling teenagers and accidentally got out onto the tv.

Don't get me wrong, the product idea is one that would probably appeal to lots of people, but the stupid, silly name and the stupid, silly, punny advert is totally off putting and makes me never want to buy the product which is a shame as it would be handy when DH decides to crap when I'm in the bath

RubyRedRuby Sun 12-Mar-17 09:52:23

The advert doesn't upset me half as much as the thought that there might be a market for this product. Shit smells. So what.
Yet another rule to impose on people's bodies: you must not have hair in unsightly places, you must moisturise/cleanse/powder whatever, you must squeeze your feet into high heels, ruining both your feet and your posture to make you look attractive, your breast must be perky, your periods should be marketed for but sanitised - blue menstrual blood anyone, NOW your the smell of your shit must not offend others, especially your male boss little woman FFS angry

user0000000001 Sun 12-Mar-17 09:59:56

Yet another rule to impose on people's women's bodies: you must not have hair in unsightly places, you must moisturise/cleanse/powder whatever, you must squeeze your feet into high heels, ruining both your feet and your posture to make you look attractive, your breast must be perky, your periods should be marketed for but sanitised - blue menstrual blood anyone, NOW your the smell of your shit must not offend others, especially your male boss little woman FFS angry

Fixed that for you

NotaSnowflake Sun 12-Mar-17 10:04:31

Oh yeah I agree there is almost certainly a market for it! And I agree it's slightly sexist. They should have shown it being used by both sexes. However do we really need an animation?!

Put me right off dumplings for life!!

80sMum Sun 12-Mar-17 10:05:42

The target market for this product is clearly women. It's true, I think, that women care more than men do about toilet smells, toilet noises etc. I can't decide whether that's due to conditioning or whether it's an innate trait. Probably a bit of both.

NotaSnowflake Sun 12-Mar-17 10:06:08

Mungobungo Your husband does whaaaaat?! That's disgusting!!

If I was married that would be grounds for divorce for me!!

NotaSnowflake Sun 12-Mar-17 10:07:33

Hang on, maybe I should spray my daughter's nappies before I put them on her.....?! hmmwink

JOKING!!!!! Calm down....

SummerHouse Sun 12-Mar-17 10:07:50

They could also market this to the upper classes not just women. It could be a spin off brand. H.M.Shit.

ArseHair Sun 12-Mar-17 10:08:47

Let your Devil's dumplings stench run free, I say.

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Sun 12-Mar-17 10:08:57

I saw this for sale in Wilkos yesterday - £8 for a small bottle !!!!!!
(misses point of thread entirely)

AuntMabel Sun 12-Mar-17 10:09:40

I too thought it was an April fool. Who thinks this shit stuff up?

I may have searched for it on Amazon and laughed at the Cry Havoc and let rip the bogs of war review grin

Cornettoninja Sun 12-Mar-17 10:11:03

How does it actually work? Is it oil based? Can't imagine that's great for your plumbing/the environment.

I hadn't actually thought about it for people with bowel issues, from that point of view it's a great product if it helps anyone feel even slightly more comfortable. Bowel problems are embarrassing no matter how tough you think you are, I've no issue at all with it being a product from that point of view.

BishopBrennansArse Sun 12-Mar-17 10:18:51

It still makes me laugh, it's that pathetic!

NotaSnowflake Sun 12-Mar-17 10:26:29

Thanks Polly for stating the obvious!

What I choose to do in my own house is my business, surely?!

And it's only usually breakfast that's had in front of tv. Not that it really should matter??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now