Talk

Advanced search

to ask for thermometer recommendations for babies/toddlers

(17 Posts)
CooperFan Sun 12-Mar-17 00:05:11

I want one that's easy to use on a squirming toddler and doesn't go out of date ffs, like the forehead one I've got from Boots.
thanks!

LadyLaSnack Sun 12-Mar-17 00:07:51

I like my in-ear digital one.

Works on squirming baby.

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sun 12-Mar-17 00:08:17

There's a digital one Boots do, it's a scanning thermometer. DD likes the beep it makes so stays still for it.

Birdofathousandvoices Sun 12-Mar-17 00:08:55

Braun thermoscan. Definitely not a Brothermax!

UnGoogleable Sun 12-Mar-17 00:10:14

Why is this AIBU?

Crunchymum Sun 12-Mar-17 00:15:59

Traffic maybe? @ UnGoogleable

CooperFan Sun 12-Mar-17 00:16:05

thanks for advice so far

UnGoogleable, people often post in AIBU for traffic, which is what I've done

Miniwookie Sun 12-Mar-17 00:20:10

I never had one tbh. By all means get one, but if it breaks/goes out if date (?)/ gets lost etc, put your cheek on DCS forehead. You will easily be able to feel the difference between normal temp/slight fever/burning up.

Miniwookie Sun 12-Mar-17 00:20:56

DC's - Damn autocorrect

CooperFan Sun 12-Mar-17 00:22:23

so a cheek is more sensitive?....I never knew that!
Braun thermoscan, £35 in Boots!!!!!

newroundhere Sun 12-Mar-17 00:38:40

I've got the Braun one, never had an accurate reading from it confused

Camomila Sun 12-Mar-17 00:43:24

I was just coming on to say our fancy Braun one is rubbish and inaccurate.

I tend to go by touch now.

When I used to work in a nursery we had forehead strip ones that were really quick to use but I've not seen them about in any of my local shops.

Longdistance Sun 12-Mar-17 00:45:20

I've got a digital one years ago from Aldi.

Bloody brilliant, as dd is nearly 8yo now, and had one battery change.

You can do the temperature for ears or head.

CooperFan Sun 12-Mar-17 00:48:54

camomile, boots sell those strips, it's a boots one I've got and it's due to go out of date before my little one is a year and a half old :-(

i'm guessing the aldi ones were part of one of their promotions that they do so I won't be able to get one

thanks for the comments about braun, feel less sorry that I can't afford one now!

Longdistance Sun 12-Mar-17 05:31:29

Lidl is having a baby event. Worth a look to see if they have a digital thermometer.

eyeoresancerre Sun 12-Mar-17 06:05:03

I hate my Braun one too. The best one is the £10 digital one from Mothercare. Gives a really good reading in under 30 seconds from the armpit and is really accurate. Stores the last temp too for comparison. It's been great over the last 8 years.

CheeseCrackersAndWine Sun 12-Mar-17 06:28:41

I have a little, green, Peppa pig, under the arm one I got from Asda for £4. When my baby was ill with flu it was pretty accurate and gave the same readings as the hospital in ear ones!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now