To ask for a nicest things said thread?

(83 Posts)
ImGonnaSingTheDoomSongNow Sat 11-Mar-17 23:22:27

So after the thoroughly depressing and anger inducing read that is the thread of rudest things said to you, can we start one with the nicest thing someone has ever said to you? Just to restore my faith in humanity a little!
Please and thank you smile

user1489189598 Sat 11-Mar-17 23:25:07

No words were exchanged, but when my (now enormous) 15 yr old was teeny tiny, she used to look at us with so much love. It was the best feeling in the world, and still is!

MargotFenring Sat 11-Mar-17 23:31:34

A guy i was dating told me once that i was "knuckle bitingly pretty". I liked that.

42andcounting Sat 11-Mar-17 23:34:26

When my DD was about 2.5, we were having a bit of a frazzled time, DP working away, car off the road needing repairs that were worth more than the car was, DD not sleeping, nothing major but enough to make life just a bit harder. We were on the way home on the bus and I was playing I Spy with DD (colours, not letters!) to try to keep her quiet, and an older lady came up to me and said "How lovely to see a young mum interacting with her child like this, and she's clearly very bright". I know she was just being very kind, because I was 45 at the time, and looking particularly haggard, but it really cheered me up no end smile

GertyTheGert Sat 11-Mar-17 23:36:13

Nicest thing said to me by a friend was You're the best sister I never had - was very touched. She also got me a plaque with You are like the stars - even when I can't see you, I know you are always there. I defo think friends make the world go around and should be cherished!!!

frauleinsallybowles Sat 11-Mar-17 23:36:22

how nice 42 i love when something nice happens to shine up an otherwise normal day

Etymology23 Sat 11-Mar-17 23:38:15

I've been told that I'm "the most competent person they know" by quite a lot of people. I'm pretty proud of that.

Best cat call: walking along in an ancient denim skirt, old running trainers and a running t shirt, no make up and not having brushed my hair after a full day of diy and some one cycled past me and said "wow, you're stunning" in a sincere seeming fashion. Very unexpected, and while not invited, didn't seem to do any harm.

Bordersarethebest Sat 11-Mar-17 23:39:02

Familiar face in the supermarket. Eventually she came up to me and said that she remembered from when a ran a play group.

She said that she had been nervous and new to the area, and that I'd made her feel very welcome.

UnbornMortificado Sat 11-Mar-17 23:39:11

My DH always tells me I'm perfect (believe me I'm not) I just tell him he needs his medication upping.

It's sounds daft but after a horrendous five year relationship that fucked my MH and self esteem up completely it's amazing to have someone who does the opposite.

3luckystars Sat 11-Mar-17 23:41:30

I got a birthday card from a lady when I was 13 and it said 'always stay as nice as you are ' it was the kindest thing anyone ever said to me, I still have the card now!

She moved away with her children and we lost touch for over 20 years, then a few years ago, she moved into a house across the road and I showed her the card!!

It meant so much to me.

3luckystars Sat 11-Mar-17 23:44:54

(I live in a totally different area now and have kids of my own, and she has grandchildren. she is very nice to my kids now and says lovely things to them too) it's s small world isn't it.

InsiderOut Sat 11-Mar-17 23:59:33

My Mum tells me I'm pretty, clever and kind all the time. It's like she genuinely thinks I'm the best daughter in the world. (I'm her only daughter). I think she might have low standards but it works for me.

KavvLar Sun 12-Mar-17 00:02:09

My DD wrote me a note when she was six. It said : 'I loved you since I was born mumma, love DD your biggest fan'.

Whenever I feel rubbish I go back to that note.

SillySausage1 Sun 12-Mar-17 00:05:37

After a miscarriage, my closest friends brought me a bracelet with the note 'to help remember your baby. We will never forget them.' They all made a point of talking about my lost baby and not letting it get forgotten. I am so grateful.

FairyDogMother11 Sun 12-Mar-17 00:06:56

I've got a medical condition, and it's one of those that I constantly have to look after, I'll always have it, it's a daily struggle. Anyway, recently saw my consultant and there's been a huge improvement because I've really been focusing on keeping healthy, losing weight, and generally looking after myself. My DP told me he was so proud of me and that he couldn't do what I have to everyday. That meant a lot, that recognition of how hard I have been trying.

haveacupoftea Sun 12-Mar-17 00:10:10

Some of my team have told me they'll miss me when I go on maternity leave and can I not stay on a bit longer, which is lovely smile

wigglesrock Sun 12-Mar-17 00:14:53

My mum ended up being operated on by a surgeon recently that I had went to school with (my mum has an uncommon surname and he asked if we were related). I haven't seen or heard anything about him in 25 years.When she said yes, I was her daughter he said that I had been very kind to him in school, that I'd made his awkward teens/late teens easier. To be very honest I vaguely recognised his name when my mum told me but I don't remember anything I did in particular but he did. It was lovely to hear.

LoupGarou Sun 12-Mar-17 00:22:05

My ex immediately before we got together asked me to give him a chance to give me a fairytale. It sounds crap and cheesy in English, sounds much better in his native tongue but he did turn my life into a fairytale.
After an extremely abusive childhood plus other horrific things it was like a dream come true. He did so many amazing and romantic things, he's still my closest friend.

JaceLancs Sun 12-Mar-17 01:08:16

My ex MIL who I hadnt seen for a number of years sent me a xmas card saying that I should be proud of what a fab parent I was and that DC were wonderful and basically that her son was an arse for letting me go

RuggerHug Sun 12-Mar-17 01:57:25

My DM years ago when I had just broken up with my then boyfriend and was a wailing snotty mess on the couch at 3am telling her the whole sorry story about wasting years of my life and blah blah blah. She just said 'well I know it's shit now and you won't care about this but I'm so very proud of you for standing up for yourself and not taking it!good for you!'. Not the reaction I was expecting and really did make me feel so much better.smile (especially since she half joking followed it up with a suggestion to key his car that was still outsidegrin)

frenchfancy81 Sun 12-Mar-17 02:47:56

My MIL sent me a text the other day which simply said: You are a wonderful wife and mother x

Was just in response to a pic of our baby I sent her...she's so lovely and for that I an VERY grateful from.what I read on here!! smile

gleam Sun 12-Mar-17 04:37:40

A friend's mum once said to her about my children - 'they always look so happy, they're always smiling'. It made my day.

Stuck16 Sun 12-Mar-17 07:12:35

When I left school we all had leavers books for people to write messages in- even those you weren't friends with- a guy in my year wrote "there will now be a stuck shaped hole in my life I doubt anyone else will fill"

I wasn't friends with him, would chat occasionally and I'd helped him with some homework once when I'd found him upset in the hallway. He may have written it in everyone's book for all I know but it made me feel warm inside!

ImGonnaSingTheDoomSongNow Sun 12-Mar-17 07:21:14

Ooh some lovely ones so far, really brightening my day.
Struggling to think of my own example at yhe moment, though when DD first said I love you mummy out of the blue was pretty awesome.

outcrops Sun 12-Mar-17 07:28:30

A guy friend once said to me "if you went to prison I reckon you'd be top dog in about a week as you're so clever"

Oddest compliment but I was pleased grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now