Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask if anyone else has had a delayed reaction to GA?

(8 Posts)
QueenArseClangers Sat 11-Mar-17 20:19:52

I had endometrial ablation done under general anaesthetic Tues afternoon.
Felt sore and tired and spent the Wednesday tucked up in bed. On Thursday the clever Dick I am thought 'I'm recovered! Therefore I shall do shitloads of galavanting about for the next two days".
Like you do.

Anyway, come yesterday evening I felt all shaky. I feel fucking awful now, like I've been twatted with a sledgehammer. Twenty million times.
Just managed to give my lovely DM a lift home and I walked like a bloody drunk down our drive, weaving and staggering confused
Feel rather sicky too.
Is this a 'thing' feeling ok for a few days then shite? I've had quite a few GA ops and it's never happened like this before?

FaithAgain Sat 11-Mar-17 20:21:44

Yes. I felt tired but okay after 24 hours. Literally collapsed after 48 hours and had to get emergency childcare (DH had gone off to see family after pressure from in laws so I had declared myself 'fine'). It's normal. Eat well, drink plenty and rest. Get well soon flowers

WhippinPiccadilly1 Sat 11-Mar-17 20:24:22

Yes, I've had lots of general anaesthetics, and been fine. But once, the reaction hit me 3 days after, and in the sudden haze, I managed to reverse my car in to a post.

sad

StarlingMurderation Sat 11-Mar-17 20:41:39

Yeah, I felt shit a couple of days after my GA. Was planning on a long day out with DP and DS, but nipped to Waitrose the day before and could barely stagger round.

ragz134 Sat 11-Mar-17 20:49:48

It is certainly possible and different drugs are given during GA depending on the op or the anaesthetist so you may react differently to before.

Jemimabelle Sat 11-Mar-17 21:01:28

It could be normal, but I would get checked out if you still feel so bad tomorrow, just in case of infection. Is your temperature ok?

QueenArseClangers Sat 11-Mar-17 21:38:58

Temp ok but I do keep going a bit hot and shaky.
I'm on alert for infection, thought I'd stopped bleeding but it's started again now.
For those of you who experienced similar when did it get 'normal'?

WineAndTiramisu Sat 11-Mar-17 21:45:26

Do you have a thermometer? Check your temperature and if it's high, go to A&E

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now