Talk

Advanced search

To have not seen my friends baby?

(4 Posts)
GirlnamedMax Sat 11-Mar-17 17:37:08

Sounds silly I know but I didn't realised my friend had had her baby. She didn't post about it on our group whatsapp and I don't have Facebook.

Once I realised I text her apologised and asked to see her. I could tell she was annoyed and she said no she was busy that day. Fine if she already had plans.

Arranged second time and I got a cold. I said would it be best if I didn't come over and she said yes.

Third time, her aunt had died so she cancelled. I understood and said just let me know when's best for you for me to come and visit as she was dealing with a loss in her family.

I've moved house and changed jobs and life went on. Her daughter is now 7 months.

I don't feel like I did anything wrong but she is the type to find fault with anything I do. Am I at fault?

Crunchymum Sat 11-Mar-17 17:44:26

My dear friends baby is now 4 months and despite living a 30 min walk away, I've seen him twice and didn't even have a cuddle.

Between me working, our kids having various illnesses and life in general, it just hasn't happened.

No hard feelings and we still message all the time.

Sounds like your friend is being a bit PFB

GoodEggy Sat 11-Mar-17 17:47:03

Neither of my two best friends have met my latest baby. He's 4 months. He's my 3rd. We're all busy, we live in different counties now. I'm not bothered.

TheOnlyLivingToyInNewYork Sat 11-Mar-17 17:49:53

You're not exactly close friends if you don't share rather large things like having had a baby.
I think you're overthinking it. She's and aquaintance you see very little of, what does it matter either way?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now