Talk

Advanced search

...to ask for your annual subscription recommendations?

(8 Posts)
Crisscrosscranky Sat 11-Mar-17 13:48:59

It's my birthday at the end of this month and I will be going on maternity leave in July 2017. Normally when people (parents/PIL, grandparents etc.) ask what I would like they get a "nothing really" response...

This year I would quite like to ask for a couple of annual subscriptions (under £50 per annum) that will keep me in treats/with somewhere to go throughout my maternity leave!

I already have English Heritage membership that I bought a few months ago as it was cheaper than paying 2 lots of entry on a day out and not a fan of Glossybox as I have sensitive skin and couldn't use half the products.

NearlyEaster Sat 11-Mar-17 21:32:44

Historic Houses?

hoopdeloop Sat 11-Mar-17 22:09:42

Don't know where you are but we got a zoo membership. We also have a family pass to a local county park that has lots of paid attractions.

For yourself, a friend on fb has signed up for Degustabox which is food treats every month. If you want a more beauty treat kind, you beauty lets you pick your box so you wouldn't have anything that irritates your skin

QueenArseClangers Sat 11-Mar-17 22:17:45

Viz is always a winner grin

Laura2507 Sat 11-Mar-17 22:39:24

National Trust could be good as lots of places to visit all over UK and includes free parking. NT car parks are usually expensive.

BrerRabbitStoleMyCarrots Sun 12-Mar-17 00:15:21

I was going to suggest The National Trust too. Loads of lovely places to visit and as Laura says, the NT car parks are all free for members.

We have English Heritage and National Trust membership and both are well worth the money.

Floralnomad Sun 12-Mar-17 00:19:05

The Readly app is good , it's £7.99 a month and you get a great variety of magazines , well worth the money .

viques Sun 12-Mar-17 01:07:14

Apparently if you join the Scottish national trust it is cheaper than the UK one but still lets you into the UK places.

If you are in london Chelsea Physic is good value, you can go as many times as you want and take a friend, they have a great cafe and it is dog free so children can go on the grass without you constantly checking for dog shit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now