Talk

Advanced search

To be worried about my teeth? (Expanding floss)

(7 Posts)
INXS Sat 11-Mar-17 10:55:49

I needed some more floss but could only get the expanding kind.

Since I used it yesterday morning, my gums have been all sore and I had a bit of bleeding too.

I just got back from breakfast out and I have all kinds of crap stuck between my teeth. I've never had this happen before! AIBU to worry that I have ruined my gums forever?!

Euphemia Sat 11-Mar-17 11:25:22

WTF is expanding floss?!

Sunnysidegold Sat 11-Mar-17 11:28:38

Nah its probably only cos you haven't flossed before, although that is me as a non-dentist flossy hater speaking.i think the expanding one is.for people with slight gaps between teeth? I'd see your dentist if you're worried though or it persists.

INXS Sat 11-Mar-17 11:48:15

Euphemia I thought it would sort of split apart like a web and get into crannies. But actually it seems like it's just really thick floss that destroys your gums

Sunny I do floss, I just ran out! But my god, my teeth feel sore! WTF? Yes, it must be for people with gaps. That is NOT me. Whoops.

ginnybag Sat 11-Mar-17 11:56:28

If you have strong enamel, I wouldn't have thought a single flossing could have damaged it.

You might be allergic to something in it though - I have stuff that will give me all the equivalents of raging gingivitis on exposure.

Or, you might not have been being as thorough as you think, and you've now shifted all the crap.

Warm salt water rinses will help settle it in either case.

Sympathies - dental pain is evil!

INXS Sat 11-Mar-17 12:02:21

I went to the dentist just a few weeks ago so I'm fairly sure my teeth were ok... salt water a VERY good idea.

Thanks all!

Deux Sat 11-Mar-17 12:17:33

Oh that stuff is horrible, I don't like it at all. Poor you.

Sympathies. I recently had to cut one of those floss harp things out of between my teeth as it got stuck. I'm going to stick with Oral B from now on.

Your gums will settle. Gengigel is a great gel you can rub on your gums if they're acting up. Or even Bonjela if you have any in the house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now