We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this D&V and am I going to get it?

(5 Posts)
Foxysoxy01 Fri 10-Mar-17 20:32:33

So DP has a job where he visits people in their home.

DP told me about his day yesterday, met some nice people and the had their child off school he was running round having a great time. The parent tells DP that child had been off school as he had been ill. DP sympathetic and they all get on with job in hand.

DP says he feels a bit sick this evening. Me thinking he is just being a bit of a hypochondriac and he has a bit of trapped wind or something suggests a rennie.
Well he has now been throwing up since 7:00 this evening and is in a bit of a mess.
I asked what he had eaten or did he know what could have made him ill but he can't think of anything. He thinks for a bit and sheepishly admits about the child yesterday and maybe he caught whatever he had.

So aibu to imagine the kid probably had D&V and was off school as still contagious, DH has now got it and I am going to get it too?

Also AIBU to message the parents if it does turn out to be D&V and thank them for inviting DH round on a day when their child was still contagious with D&V?........only slightly joking grin

ThisIsNotMyName99 Fri 10-Mar-17 20:46:07

If it's norovirus it's incredibly contagious and difficult to avoid, however I have managed to stop getting it from my kids on a good handful of occasions.

Maintain strict hand hygiene - soap and water. If you can wear gloves to clean anything e.g. Bathroom then do. Wash bedding and towels on a hot wash when he is better and if you can sleep in a different room then do.

Good luck!

helensburgh Fri 10-Mar-17 20:48:33

Keep him.seperate from everyone for a few days. Bleach down toilet etc. Bleach handles.etc.
Yea I'd message and ask if child had vomiting.

Foxysoxy01 Fri 10-Mar-17 20:54:17

Problems is he didn't know he was ill and didn't think it could be connected until later this evening so I have given him a kiss, had a cuddle, cooked dinner with him etc so I think it may all be too late now sad but I am wiping down door handles, bleaching everything and he is in spare bedroom.

He has vomited 4 times so far so I don't think it can be anything he has eaten.

I don't actually have the people's number it was more in jest as these things happen but it is a bit annoying if the kid was sick because of that and they didn't tell DP so he could have gone next week.

halcyondays Fri 10-Mar-17 21:00:44

everybody else should use a separate towel to dry their hands.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now