Talk

Advanced search

What's the rudest thing to happen to you?

(472 Posts)
Stardust1901 Fri 10-Mar-17 15:51:27

Inspired by another thread.

WIBU to ask what's the rudest/cheekiest thing that's ever happened to you e.g. In a supermarket, in the cinema etc.
How did you respond?

Kikikaakaa Fri 10-Mar-17 15:54:08

Some teenage boys yelled at me in a busy street I needed to go to weight watchers. I was only about 23 and had just had my first baby.

Generally I don't have many terrible stories about this kind of thing, luckily

Kikikaakaa Fri 10-Mar-17 15:54:27

I ran off and cried in the car FYI

thenewaveragebear1983 Fri 10-Mar-17 16:01:43

When I was heavily pregnant and wearing a black wrap dress, a homeless guy in town called out to me as I was walking past and asked me if I was dawn French. He actually asked if I was the vicar of dibley. I was not impressed

littlemissneela Fri 10-Mar-17 16:04:38

I was walking the dog in the local park when a group of pre teen boys walked past me and said "theres Susan Boyle!" I was like shock I look nothing like her, I'll have you know wink

Missrubyring Fri 10-Mar-17 16:06:05

I'm going to go along the same lines as Kikikaakaa
2 weeks after I'd had DD, I had taken her over to SIL's to meet her, and just as we were about to head home she points at my stomach, laughs and says 'Haha, you're still fat!!' ... I raised an eyebrow, picked up my DD (in her carseat) and left. She still doesn't understand why I was quite pissed off!! hmm

SweetChickadee Fri 10-Mar-17 16:08:04

I was told by a drunk man in a pub that I looked like a man. I don't, but I was still very insulted which is why I told him to fuck off

Vagabond Fri 10-Mar-17 16:09:25

I booked tickets to Cirque du Soleil back in 2005. Had great seats on the aisle with my DH and DD. Our row was empty. Wow, lucky us!

Just as the show started, 15 Emiratis arrived to take their seats in our row. We had to get up to let them in. They then proceeded to disrupt the show, changing seats, getting back up to get more food etc...
Everyone behind us was telling us (getting up to let them through) to sit down. It was a parody. The 3rd time this happened, I told the Emirati woman "no more getting up, we paid to see this show" and she threw a wobbler and chucked her hot nachos with melted cheese and salsa all over me.
I had it everywhere. I was so stressed by this point, and with hot melted cheese all over me, I burst into tears. Was wearing white trousers too and the whole mess of salsa and frustration just ruined the whole night. We'd flown to Dubai for the show too, so it was doubly shit.

weeblueberry Fri 10-Mar-17 16:20:17

I accidentally hit a woman at a Christmas market with my buggy and apologised but it was very loud and I'm not sure if she heard me. The guy she was with said (loudly enough I could hear over the crowd) 'did that fat bitch apologise to you? did she? did she?'

I was shocked at how he spoke about me but way more concerned that she just sort of did a sad little laugh thing which made me think that was par for the course with this guy. To this day I wish I'd gone up to her and said 'Jesus woman you can do better than this...'

angry

SaucyJack Fri 10-Mar-17 16:22:31

I stopped a bloke with the intention of asking him the time, and he just handed me a pound and walked off without looking at me.

This was back in the grunge days so I didn't look the smartest, but still (!)

Fauchelevent Fri 10-Mar-17 16:22:43

Sorry for laughing at these!

Vagabond reminded me of mine. We were at the theatre waiting to go in. I had my programme which I was flicking through merrily. Then right next to me a lady falls to the ground! Oh no, we say. Are you okay lady? She's a bit embarrassed but we help her up and off she goes. A second or so later my friend says "wait, she's ran off with your programme!" And there she was, fine as anything swanning off with my programme!

NoncommittalToSparkleMotion Fri 10-Mar-17 16:26:43

Very recently some teenage boys said I looked like "a crackwhore with a million STIs" as they passed me on a foot path.

I was so stunned, I didn't know what to say or do.

The specificity of it was very surprising.

Caillou Fri 10-Mar-17 16:27:08

Just a few days after dd1 was born, the wife of my husband's friend said to me "you're quite fat" she couldn't understand why I wasn't in the mood for much chit chat after that. ....

Gaaaah Fri 10-Mar-17 16:30:49

A lady knocked my pushchair over in m&s while I was trying to pay for sandwiches. I dont think she meant to completely upend it but she did. Then with a haughty sniff told me I shouldn't loiter in the queue. My ds was 3 and in his pushchair at the time. He was terrified. I won't tell you what happened after but it was very undignified of me and it ended in security being called over.

Soubriquet Fri 10-Mar-17 16:34:20

Got shoved out of the way and loudly tsked at because I didn't move out of the way for a man on crutches and his wife/ carer.

When I turned round she started to shout saying I was ignorant

When my dh pointed out I was deaf and hadn't heard her asking excuse me, she immediately snapped well she doesn't look deaf does she and stormed off

Lovely

Honeybee79 Fri 10-Mar-17 16:34:30

Popped out one morning just to grab some milk and some bloke walking down the street shouted at me, "Do something with your fucking hair! You look shit!"

I was stunned into silence and wanted to hide under the nearest hedge.

Dagnabit Fri 10-Mar-17 16:34:37

Years ago, I was in a pub and some guy said, "excuse me, chubby" - polite and insulting at the same time. I still imagine his painful death to this day

Chloe84 Fri 10-Mar-17 16:35:45

You have to tell us Gaaah!

DerelictMyBalls Fri 10-Mar-17 16:35:45

As a young adult I had terrible spots. I went to the doctor with an earache and he took one look at me and said, 'Never mind your ear, what about your FACE?'.

I managed to hold it together until I left, when I just dissolved into floods of tears and self-hatred.

Dagnabit Fri 10-Mar-17 16:36:59

Soubriquet Well, it's your own fault for forgetting to put your 'I'm deaf' placard on hmm wink

weeblueberry Fri 10-Mar-17 16:37:13

I think the thing that really gives me a rage about this all is that it's all things about women's appearance that would NEVER be directed at a guy. angry

averylongtimeago Fri 10-Mar-17 16:38:29

My sil, when she found out she was expecting their first, told me that she wasn't going to be "a parasite on society" by being a sahm. I was a sahm at the time.

Fauchelevent Fri 10-Mar-17 16:39:17

A million stis grin thats quite an achievement!

This one didnt happen to me but to an ex colleague. I was transferred to another store for a few weeks, and there was a bigger girl who seemed pretty insecure, but she was nice. She was dealing with a french customer who seemed nice but a bit eccentric. During the transaction the lady said "and anyway, you're going to be expecting a little one soon aren't you" and gestured to the girls tummy. The girl looked mortified and said "no, i'm not". The woman seemed shocked for a little bit - then added "oh, so just a bit-" and puffed out her cheeks and stretched her arms out! The poor girl!

My friend had an experience in Costa. She's very beautiful but can look a bit wild when shes just woken up and hasnt prepared herself for the day. She looked like this after a night out and headed to Costa Coffee. She was promptly taken BY THE FINGER to the front of the queue and given an espresso by a comforting costa worker who told her she was "going to be okay now"! My friend was too mortified to say anything - if she admitted she wasnt homeless she'd have to account for why she looked so scruffy! But at the same time she said she was tempted to ask for a hot chocolate instead grin

Cornflakedog Fri 10-Mar-17 16:43:13

I was the thinking the same blueberry angry

kimann Fri 10-Mar-17 16:43:22

Dad said I was quite fat two days after giving birth. Asked me why. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now