Talk

Advanced search

To ask what else this could be? Panicking - medical related

(32 Posts)
mirrorisnotmyfriend Fri 10-Mar-17 13:22:50

Am going to the doctor next week but have freaked myself out basically that I have ovarian cancer.
For the last two or three months I have been having to go to the loo constantly - think getting up three times a night, and in the day, hourly. I pretty much always need to go. No pain or burning so I don't think it's a UTI.
I know you shouldn't google this stuff but I have and it keeps coming back to this being a symptom of ovarian cancer. The only other condition I can find this being a symptom of is a UTI and I'm certain it's not that.
Obviously I will have to wait to see the doctor, but in the meantime, can anyone share stories of having the same symptoms and a more mundane diagnosis?
thanks.

3boys3dogshelp Fri 10-Mar-17 13:23:50

Could you be pregnant?

ASDismynormality Fri 10-Mar-17 13:24:58

Diabetes?

Velvetbee Fri 10-Mar-17 13:25:47

Diabetes?

Needing to pee a lot can be a sign of diabetes

FuckyNell Fri 10-Mar-17 13:26:20

How old are you? This is a common peri menopause symptom

Velvetbee Fri 10-Mar-17 13:26:29

Great minds and all that.

DJBaggySmalls Fri 10-Mar-17 13:27:45

Menopause, or water diabetes are much milder problems, and treatable.

WhereYouLeftIt Fri 10-Mar-17 13:28:07

My first thought would be diabetes too.

identityhidden Fri 10-Mar-17 13:29:46

I'm like this and they're not sure if it might be interstitial cystitis, get up most nights to wee a couple of times and about ten times a day or so. Had my blood sugar checked , had multiple urine dipsticks and had a pelvic mri too (as I was having a lot of pain). No evidence of any immediately serious conditions as my GP said , but they're doing surgical investigations in a few weeks just to make 100% sure no endometriosis etc.

flownthecoopkiwi Fri 10-Mar-17 13:32:33

as someone who has been having weird issues down below the GPs always say it is very rarely likely to be OC, lots of other symptoms of that which are more telling and more common like constant bloating and feeling of fullness.
If it's just needing to wee, then get blood sugar checked. Are you drinking more?

mirrorisnotmyfriend Fri 10-Mar-17 13:37:40

Thanks for replies.No, definitely not pregnant. I am 42. I hardly drink at all during the day (Water/juice I mean!)

DeathByMascara Fri 10-Mar-17 13:39:59

Don't rule out a UTI because you have no pain, I've had some very serious ones (developing to sepsis) which didn't hurt in the slightest.

Allfednonedead Fri 10-Mar-17 13:45:02

I used to have to wee several times a night too. Then I stopped drinking tea (for unrelated reasons). Hey presto, I was sleeping through!

Coffee is fine, but if I drink tea now, I need to wee every half hour.

mirrorisnotmyfriend Fri 10-Mar-17 13:48:24

Oh maybe it is a UTI then, thanks Death.

downwardfacingdog Fri 10-Mar-17 13:50:22

You could be pregnant or (earlly)menopausal at 42. Why do you hardly drink during the day? That's not healthy. Try drinking more for a start. Your bladder could be irritated by the strength of your urine.

PotteringAlong Fri 10-Mar-17 13:51:39

If you hardly drink during the day then that might be the problem. You need to drink!

MiddleClassPerm Fri 10-Mar-17 13:52:06

Have you any other symptoms?

CryingShame Fri 10-Mar-17 13:52:22

If you don't drink a lot it could be a UTI. Start increasing how much you drink before you see your GP.

It can also go alongside IBS, if stress related. Could this be possible?

mirrorisnotmyfriend Fri 10-Mar-17 13:52:33

I just forget I guess.. I'm not a tea or coffee or alcohol drinker. I do try to drink water but am on my feet for a lot of the day and I just forget. I probably drink the equivalent of a pint of water a day at most.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Fri 10-Mar-17 13:54:30

Overactive bladder syndrome?

Mrsemcgregor Fri 10-Mar-17 13:55:27

I have had several (completely benign) ovarian cysts that make me wee lots. They are much more common than ovarian cancer. Try not to worry OP, it's much much much more likely to be something other than cancer.

mirrorisnotmyfriend Fri 10-Mar-17 13:56:38

Oh just googled that, could be hell. Also I never do my pelvic floor exercises which after a few children probably isn't wise.

Do you tend to not drink during the day then make up for it in the evening when you realise you haven't drunk anything. That would explain night weeing.

SorrelSoup Fri 10-Mar-17 13:57:20

I've had this. I treated it as though it were a uti, so course of antibiotics and lots of fluids. All better. Try and get some before the weekend so you can carry on with your life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now