Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to tell these school children off

(13 Posts)
LittleLondener17 Thu 09-Mar-17 17:42:44

I was on my way home from work this evening.
The bus I take stops at 3 secondary schools which are all very close.

A Pupil from one school sprayed deodorant all over themselves like a shower on the crowded bus.
This then causes a girl from another school to have an asthma attack. Whilst I was trying to get to the driver ,the students from the school that sprayed start tapping her and asking if she's asthmatic followed by 'she's got asthma,you shouldn't of done that' getting shouted out from all the other students and the adults on the bus staring.
In the end she got off the bus with a friend from her school and sat on the floor at the side of the road before I could get her help .
I told the students off for being inconsiderate and got a pile of abuse.
Now I'm really worried ,I hope the poor girl is okay,not sure if I should contact the two schools involved.
Aibu to tell them off ?

WellErrr Thu 09-Mar-17 17:45:26

I'm always telling silly children off. YANBU.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Thu 09-Mar-17 17:46:20

Inform the schools and make a note of bus details. But the driver should have stopped and thrown them off imo. Luckily you weren't the next victim. .

heateallthebuns Thu 09-Mar-17 17:47:48

I told some teenage boys off yesterday for making fun of another one walking down the road. They just laughed. Still, I think you should mention it if you see children misbehaving. At least they might get an idea of what's generally acceptable and what isnt. (Or not give a fuck)

LittleLondener17 Thu 09-Mar-17 17:50:27

It's a shame some of them can be so horrible on the bus ,it makes the ones who really are lovely look bad. I'm not sure if it would be too much to ask the girls school if the pupil is okay. She was coughing uncontrollably and wheezing sad

Ylvamoon Thu 09-Mar-17 17:51:27

I agree, inform the schools. They are pretty good in sorting things like this incident out.

EweAreHere Thu 09-Mar-17 17:53:00

Please inform the school.

harleysmammy Thu 09-Mar-17 17:54:53

We used to get in major trouble if someone from the public reported people from our school to the head, obviously only if we were in uniform. They shouldnt have sprayed, they get told in schools not to bring spray and to take roll on when they get changed for pe etc, because others may have asthma. They shouldnt have done it and should get told off, you did the right thing and yes idvtell the schools x

LittleLondener17 Thu 09-Mar-17 18:05:03

Thank you. Will call the two schools tomorrow

Witchend Thu 09-Mar-17 18:05:16

I wouldn't tell them off unless they were deliberately doing it to upset her. If you tell them off they're much more likely to react the other way.

I's be more inclined to chat nicely to them and point out that spraying the deodorant does have that effect on some people with asthma-because it probably didn't occur to them.
Teens do spray themselves all over at times, I remember my friends doing it, and I complain at my teens doing it. So it probably was thoughtless not malicious. In which case chatting nicely and explaining that it is actually an issue is going to get a better reaction than telling them off when they'll probably think the girl in question is overreacting.

Witchend Thu 09-Mar-17 18:06:20

Oh and harleysmammy spray isn't necessarily banned in all schools. Wasn't in mine and certainly isn't in my dc's.

LittleLondener17 Thu 09-Mar-17 18:15:32

I feel bad for having a got a them now because they seemed really concerned and bad about spraying

LittleLondener17 Fri 10-Mar-17 18:54:14

I informed both schools. The students that sprayed actually stopped by to the girls school to apologise with a card and chocolates

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now