Talk

Advanced search

To flush the hamster

(52 Posts)
pleasecomesoonspring Thu 09-Mar-17 11:20:09

*lighthearted of course for all the animal lovers

Bloody hamster!

Leant my brand new mattress against the wall next to hamster cage (was asleep) whilst i fixed a screw under my bed, put the mattress back on the bed and it's got a big hole in it!!

Start looking around for what the flip did this to my new mattress and the hamster is stood at the top of its cage with mattress fluff hanging out of its huge cheeks!!!

Aghhh!!!

peaceloveandbiscuits Thu 09-Mar-17 11:21:27

When I was little my hamster chewed a huge hole in my dad's suit blazer for work. I don't think he's forgiven me yet.

PixieMiss Thu 09-Mar-17 11:52:32

I thought you meant because it was dead grin

pleasecomesoonspring Thu 09-Mar-17 11:54:31

I wish right now that it was! Better not say that near dd.

BackInBlack78 Thu 09-Mar-17 11:54:55

I thought that too Pixie!

VladmirsPoutine Thu 09-Mar-17 11:56:58

LTB! grin

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Thu 09-Mar-17 11:57:45

I had a hamster who ate a high visibity jacket.

They're strange little creatures...

Phoebefromfriends Thu 09-Mar-17 12:00:44

When I was a kid we moved the cage and the plug came out of the bottom and he chewed two holes in the brand new lounge carpet, he even ate through the underlay. Parents were less than pleased but it still makes me laugh to this day. Think he was trying to escape......

SoupDragon Thu 09-Mar-17 12:03:12

I don't think flushing it is a good idea as it would probably block the toilet.

Put it in a sealed room with a handful of cats.

Noodoodle Thu 09-Mar-17 12:04:26

You gave the hamster something to chew on, how lovely of you!
Blimey though, they'll eat anything!

Lovelilies Thu 09-Mar-17 12:06:28

I did accidentally flush our hamster!
He'd escaped and fallen down the loo and drowned (RIP little fella), I hadn't seen him and went to the loo in the morning and flushed! He was too big to go down so I had to fish him out 😳
I felt bloody terrible! He was a lovely hamster

PageStillNotFound404 Thu 09-Mar-17 12:15:13

Hamsters are sociopathic little bastards. Basically piranhas with fur.

pleasecomesoonspring Thu 09-Mar-17 12:17:54

Oh no lovelilies
This hamster has given me a hell of a week, it managed to escape its cage so I brought it a new bigger one and made it all lovely for her/him then it repaid me by biting for the first time then eating my new mattress.

SuperFlyHigh Thu 09-Mar-17 12:18:07

Page the bite they give is something else... shock

LadyDeadpool Thu 09-Mar-17 12:19:55

My rats do this, the stuff we've lost to them is stupid even when they're out you have to watch the little bastards - laptop keyboard, jeans, jumpers, pop vinyl figures, bed, duvet cover, pillows, shoes and countless wires.
One of mine knows he's in the wrong for doing it and watches you while he does it then when you tap him he popcorns off before running back to do it again! Evil little shits.

Funnyonion17 Thu 09-Mar-17 12:20:07

My hamster once unknowingly escaped. I found it in the wash basket, caged it again and thought nothing of it... Until I went to wear my clothes and the knee was chewed off jeans and most items had holes in. Looked in the hamsters bed and sure enough, he had made a nice blue denim nest!

Sciurus83 Thu 09-Mar-17 12:22:28

Mine once ate a carpet in a rental house

Mummyoflittledragon Thu 09-Mar-17 12:23:43

<whispers>. YANBU. Ahh bless!? Now that's a bunch of animals ticked off the list of possibles for dd to have as a pet...... she wants something else and the dog would literally frighten a rabbit to death.

itschilly Thu 09-Mar-17 12:24:45

Am all offended now- NOONE has replied to my hamster thread in 'small pets' (am a hamster novice) and now I find there are 100's of you (well a few...) with hamsters on here sad sad grin

ClaryIsTheBest Thu 09-Mar-17 12:29:29

I seruously thought you wanted to flush him down the loo :0

Now idea where my head is... (Actually, I do know. Family hollidays with MIL make me slightly murderous...)

brasty Thu 09-Mar-17 12:32:46

Have you seen the youtube video where a hamster squeezes out between the bars in its cage, and collects bits to make a nest?
At least the hamster will be all cosy and warm now.

DJBaggySmalls Thu 09-Mar-17 12:34:54

My vet said he'd rather handle rottweilers all day than another bloody hamster. It left a hell of a scar. grin

ThumbWitchesAbroad Thu 09-Mar-17 12:35:00

When I was little, my best friend had a hamster that escaped from its cage and made its home in the sofa. Chewed through the underneath and climbed in - we used to be able to see it sometimes moving under the upholstery, and occasionally it would pop out for food and so on, but never long enough to be caught again!
It probably died in there...

IntoTheTrashItGoes Thu 09-Mar-17 12:35:12

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TeslasDeathRay Thu 09-Mar-17 12:38:45

When I first got my (pet!) rats, I placed their cage next to the window. Came downstairs the next morning and one of the curtains was chewed up like Swiss cheese. angry I liked those curtains.

Hamsters are universally a bit bonkers, I think. I had one that would escape at night and run around. No matter how I secured the cage she always found a way to get out somehow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now