Advanced search

To want to end things , but got nowhere to go

(5 Posts)
Missvirtuenot Thu 09-Mar-17 11:11:49

Just wondering what happens if your both on the tenancy in social housing what the process if you want to divorce . We have one child and I work part time . But where I live is so expensive and I can't just move out and rent privately . I'm looking to do more hours . I had problems with him getting loans out in his name and not telling me or discussing it , he not good with money , I only found out due to me snooping. I have only had two partners 1st one done number on me , he owed money and our home was repossess and I had to go bankrupt , my husband doesn't understand debt scares me it's take me 10 years to sort my self out and now we got to pay his debts , I can't do it again . I feel I'm selfish but at the same time I feel he is for putting us in this situation and he new my past . Any advice would be grateful

JonesyAndTheSalad Thu 09-Mar-17 11:37:12

I read on another thread that the social housing will try to find the person who is moving out, some other accomodation. As you work part time...if your husband works full time, you will be the main carer for your child.

That means that it is in your interest to stay where you are as it is your child's home.

Speak to the housing association to get advice or, first of all speak to SHELTER.

There is a lot of advice about this sort of thing on their website.

Noodoodle Thu 09-Mar-17 11:43:32

Yes speak to shelter, cab, your housing officer. Whoever is moving out (hopefully you're both amicable?) should find their own place to live, or apply for social housing. The person moving will have to sign away their right to the tenancy and then it will be ended (for both) and a new single tenancy created for the person staying. If they don't agree for the joint tenancy to be ended you have to wait in most places until they are uncontactable (if they've moved out) before housing will end it. Or you have to get it sorted as part of divorce.

Noodoodle Thu 09-Mar-17 11:47:26

Sorry OP I see you haven't discussed it yet. You have options if divorce is what you want/need, speak to all the agencies you can, and really your housing officer if you know who they are, will probably have seen this a lot and may have some practical advice for you.

Missvirtuenot Thu 09-Mar-17 16:09:41

Thank you for you reply , I will speak to shelter and get there advice .smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: