Talk

Advanced search

Secret Admirer!

(10 Posts)
HoundOfTheBasketballs Wed 08-Mar-17 19:42:23

I got dumped at the beginning of the week. Out of the blue. We'd been together 18 months, met each other's kids. It was all going so well, or so I thought. 

I've been quite up and down the last few days. Embarrassed myself by crying at work but everyone has been so lovely, I've been very touched. Which obvs made me cry even more!

When I left work today there was a note under my windscreen wiper. It was a sticker that originally said "Caution very hot water." But they'd snipped out the word water so it just said "caution very hot." And then on the back it said "and don't ever let anyone tell you you're not."

I have never been more made up to receive a note in my life. It has perked me up no end. AIBU to be walking around with a smug smile on my face? In between the bouts of uncontrolled crying! 

Mrswinkler Wed 08-Mar-17 19:46:12

Bless. Even if it was just one of your mates it's such a confidence boost!

HoundOfTheBasketballs Wed 08-Mar-17 19:53:09

That's just it, I really don't care who put it there. The timing was just perfect. At least I know it wasn't my mum though as she lives a long way away!

MrsMozart Wed 08-Mar-17 20:21:09

Aw. Sweet thought flowers

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Wed 08-Mar-17 20:24:52

Stick it inside your car door and every time you feel shit have a look at it!!

Janey50 Wed 08-Mar-17 21:47:37

Aw what a nice thing to do.smile

chipscheesentomatosauce Wed 08-Mar-17 21:48:39

Aw, I love that! I agree. Stick it somewhere in your car where you can see it, and others can see it. It will be nice for whoever put it there to see that you appreciated the gesture.

Not like the time a complete stranger managed to get in my security door, find my front door and stick a note through it telling me he saw me in the local shop and that I was a "babe" hmm

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Wed 08-Mar-17 22:03:47

There are good people when you are not looking...

Fingers crossed for you.,

JoJoSM2 Wed 08-Mar-17 22:32:41

What a sweet gesture smile

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 08-Mar-17 23:18:24

I actually think this is someone genuinely telling you how they feel.
After all they know you're available now.
Now its the fun of finding out who it is

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now