Talk

Advanced search

Someone growing weed by school!!

(19 Posts)
Solaris88 Wed 08-Mar-17 18:03:24

Kids school has houses either side. One house is directly next door to school, you have to walk down an entry type thing to get to school so can see into garden of house etc as you walk back and to. Anyway, house was empty for a while but looks like somebody has bought it and is renovating but is still empty apart from I assume new owners going in and out. Last few times I've dropped/ collected kids from school I've smelled overpowering stench of weed, yesterday as I walked past I happened to look over into back garden and one of the rooms had quite a lot of 'Plants' didn't hover to get a good look so couldn't confirm anything although thought 🤔🤔 so today the smell is as strong as ever but window is now boarded up! Few parents have commented on the smell quizzically but as we live in a relatively 'nice' area, nobody seems to have cottoned on to what it is. We used to live on a bloody rough estate where you were well accustomed to the smell and couldn't mistake what it was!! Do you think I should I report it to 101? If it was another house, maybe I'd be less inclined, but my issue is the fact it's so so close to a primary school, children including my own are breathing it in and obviously it's illegal! On the other hand I may well be wrong and I'm 'grassing' someone up for nothing, excuse the pun! 😆 WWYD?!

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 08-Mar-17 18:07:30

I'm a 101 operator you can tell me wink would also help if you could bing some of the plant so I cab send it off to be identified and analysed
I require address of said property feel free to pm me

Happyandhungry Wed 08-Mar-17 18:07:36

Yes definitely report it. These plant farms are popping up all over the UK and they've deliberately moved onto "nice" areas to avoid detection sooner. Report and expect a raid!

FannyWisdom Wed 08-Mar-17 18:10:31

Yeah it will be ossum, swat teams, blues and twos, ninjas, everything.

Solaris88 Wed 08-Mar-17 18:12:15

I can't help but think I'm I'm wrong and they do raid it, the scandal I'll be responsible for! An abandoned crisp packet counts as gossip in this town!

Solaris88 Wed 08-Mar-17 18:12:32

*If I'm wrong that should read!

Coulddowithanap Wed 08-Mar-17 18:12:58

Yes report it to 101

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 08-Mar-17 18:13:32

No one will know it's you and if it stops drug dealers lurking in the area and keeps drugs off the street tats a good thing smile

SaorAlbaGuBrath Wed 08-Mar-17 18:13:57

I'd report it, if the smell is that strong there's clearly a LOT of plants, so it would be worth reporting.

Crispbutty Wed 08-Mar-17 18:15:45

Strange that they would be doing it with uncovered windows...

UnbornMortificado Wed 08-Mar-17 18:17:07

I'd report, it's completely not acceptable by a school.

Solaris88 Wed 08-Mar-17 18:17:24

That's a really good point actually Giles! The idea of it being used as some sort of base for dealing is horrific! I would of thought that these kinds of things would be slightly better hidden! But the fact I or anyone else could see into the window is a bit alarming. They're not being very cautious but as Happy says, it seems they're preferring the 'nicer' areas to rely on the innocence of the people in the area not knowing what it is!

PeaFaceMcgee Wed 08-Mar-17 18:19:52

Sounds like what my dad told me were his "special tomato plants" grin

OrlandaFuriosa Wed 08-Mar-17 18:20:28

We reported.. they discovered plant factory and illegal bar..

AwaywiththePixies27 Wed 08-Mar-17 18:20:34

Yes I'd report too.

GahBuggerit Wed 08-Mar-17 18:21:33

lol, doubt theyd have a grow on in full view of a window. the plants need lots of equipment, lights, covers, humidifiers etc.

GahBuggerit Wed 08-Mar-17 18:25:41

also, quite a few normal plants smell very strong of weed. theres one at my work, i forget sometimes and look around for the culprit

Crispbutty Wed 08-Mar-17 18:43:01

They wouldn't have any dealers going round either

Solaris88 Wed 08-Mar-17 18:58:53

Well maybe they've just moved their house plants in before themselves then! The plants must take longer to settle in 😬

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now