Talk

Advanced search

To be angry that my back garden has been violated?

(12 Posts)
goldengecko Wed 08-Mar-17 17:34:55

So I come home from work today and immediately notice that my washing line is missing. I then look up to see that the neighbours (or rather their landlord) has had all the trees in their garden cut back - fine, whatever.

The thing that has really wound me up is that my lawn has been completely trodden to bits. The grass has turned to boggy mud, littered with heavy boot prints, my washing line (rotary) has been taken out of the ground and discarded along the side of the fence and the garden is covered in wood chippings.

The thing is, we weren't even consulted or asked if we minded. The neighbours house has a right of access along a concrete path to the back of our house, but I don't think that gives them to right to use my garden to do their job without asking and then to leave it messy and with a ruined lawn!!!

If they'd have asked, y'know knocked on the door or sent us a letter, chances are that I would've said "Yes, sure, that's fine" but to be walking around in and damaging my garden without consent or even my knowledge has got me FUMING!

AIBU??????

Supermagicsmile Wed 08-Mar-17 17:36:05

Yanbu! They should pay to fix it!

nocake Wed 08-Mar-17 17:36:46

I would be asking them to pay the cost of returning your garden to its previous condition.

WatchingFromTheWings Wed 08-Mar-17 17:37:51

Wow! Yes they must repair/replace to what it was before they started! shock

ZilphasHatpin Wed 08-Mar-17 17:39:39

Can you put up a fence and gate that separates their right of way from your garden? And put a lock on the gate.

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Wed 08-Mar-17 17:40:04

I was hoping thought the title was a euphemism blush grin

Yanbu to be upset. I would take photos and send them in an email to the letting agent or landlord demanding they put the garden right by the end of the week.

expatinscotland Wed 08-Mar-17 17:44:36

I'd take lots of photos and vid clips of it and then email the letting agent and LL saying they need to return your garden needs to be returned to its original state.

goldengecko Wed 08-Mar-17 17:44:59

Oops! Hadn't even twigged (pun intended) the euphemism in there!!!

Currently sending an email to their letting agent right now!

There is already a gate on both sides (although not lockable)

mnbvcxzl Wed 08-Mar-17 18:26:36

shockshockshock

Bloody cheek!!

Barbie222 Wed 08-Mar-17 20:27:52

Goodness how cheeky. Yes to the fence so they have clear defined access. I was liking the title of your thread a bit too much too.

RaspberryOverloadsOnChilli Wed 08-Mar-17 21:40:48

Absolutely they should pay to restore the garden.

user1471545174 Wed 08-Mar-17 21:43:58

Knock and invite them for a look. Of course they should pay you for damage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now