Talk

Advanced search

To go to this wedding when very pregnant

(13 Posts)
UmuLuxury Wed 08-Mar-17 16:00:21

A very dear friend of mine is getting married in the slight middle of nowhere, a week before I'm due to give birth. My other children have all been late although I know this doesn't really mean anything.

I'm very inclined to go but I don't know if I'm being insane. What would you do?

Laiste Wed 08-Mar-17 16:03:18

If i really wanted to go i'd put plans in place in case i went into labor at the wedding.

ie: have someone with you for you at all times, keep your notes with you and check where the nearest hospital with a maternity ward is and how to get there from the venue.

Laiste Wed 08-Mar-17 16:04:20

And your overnight bag and baby stuff bag. Have that with you too.

user1484603141 Wed 08-Mar-17 16:04:42

I would go, but this is the woman who went to see Prince at Wembley with only a week to due date. Dd did end up being two weeks over due. If you want to go then go, may be check where the nearest maternity unit is, just be on the safe side.

WishUponAStar88 Wed 08-Mar-17 16:06:19

For me it would depend what you mean by in the middle of nowhere, I would want to be within an hour or so of a hospital but I have fairly quick labours. Also I wouldn't have wanted more than a 2-3 hour drive at 39 weeks.

I went to a wedding at 39 weeks. Not in the middle of nowhere and only about an hour drive away. Had a lovely day. Booked a room in the wedding hotel which was nice as meant if I was tired I could've left early (or just sit down for half an hour of tired) in the evening leaving dh to enjoy himself. As it happens though I felt fine and was there to the end of the night!

As you've been pregnant before you'll know how you tend to feel at that rage of your pregnancies.

SnotGoblin Wed 08-Mar-17 16:06:37

I went to my friend's wedding which was a day after my due date (RSVPing on the priviso that I might not make it). It was great. I cut loose and danced all night. Best memories of the reactions on the oldies faces 'when are you due?' 'yesterday' boogie boogie boogie grin.

Mrsknackered Wed 08-Mar-17 16:06:38

I would go, I don't think it's silly too. Just put a plan in place and your hospital bag incase. You'd be misereable if you stayed at home and baby didn't show up for another 2 weeks!

TwitterQueen1 Wed 08-Mar-17 16:11:33

Yes of course - go!

[Disclaimer: I went to a wedding at 11am (fortunately only 400 yards away from home), got home by 12, went into labour at 12.30 and had the baby at 4.30pm. But she was my 2nd and around 2 weeks late].

We rang the reception and all the guests cheered.

Nonibaloni Wed 08-Mar-17 16:11:57

I went to a wedding 8 days overdue, but the venue was between my house and the hospital. There was a slight situation when I was delayed between the venue and the reception. I stopped for a cold drink and a sit down blush in my defence it was the hottest day of the year and I was massive.

I never forget their anniversary and I look hilarious in the photos (imagine a row of pretty young school friend and then a luminous pink tent wearing a massive hat)

I spent the day sitting with the granny's and confirming I was ok.

My only concern would be about a bridezilla if your waters broke in the middle of the speeches. Stealing thunder and all that lol

CesareBorgiasUnicornMask Wed 08-Mar-17 16:23:19

Go go go! I went to a wedding at 39 weeks last time and it was fine. As pps have said make sure you have maternity notes, car seat and hospital bag, and know how you'd get to the nearest maternity unit. And make sure your friend realises you might not actually make it if baby puts in an appearance before then!

IamFriedSpam Wed 08-Mar-17 16:24:51

As long as you have a get out of wedding while in labour plan and friend is happy for your spot to possibly go unused it's fine to go.

Bloopbleep Wed 08-Mar-17 16:27:17

I'm in a similar situation. Going requires staying the night before and night of the wedding which makes me uncomfortable (figuratively and probably literally too). It's a close relative so I dont really have much of an option if I want to keep the peace.

KurlyWurly88 Wed 08-Mar-17 16:29:47

My sister went to a wedding ON her DD! She felt great though, baby arrived 1 week later.

I felt dreadful at the end of pregnancy though - I would never contemplate it!

You know your body best - do what feels right for you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: