Talk

Advanced search

to be so wound up - John Lewis refund

(7 Posts)
red989 Wed 08-Mar-17 14:56:40

Try to cut it short but I sent an item back to John Lewis with Collect Plus proof of postage showing it had arrived at John Lewis 14 days earlier. Collect Plus confirmed the parcel had been signed for by John Lewis in a batch of 321.

After contacting JS customer service several times they kept saying not received and no refund, no replies. 21 days later after taking it further I was told "Although you have proof of return your return receipt doesn't detail what you sent, only that you posted something to us"
They offered be a refund as a favour but I am more angry at the response. I sent proof of the return and tracking and they are trying to say I could have sent them anything What do they think I was posting to them an empty package.

So basically if you send an item back and they can't find it in the warehouse you are not eligible for a refund because posting something to them is not enough proof!

BretonRose Wed 08-Mar-17 15:03:31

It's crap. I had that from Zara. Took lots of social media shaming to a refund.

I usually take photos/video of packing and posting process now.

BretonRose Wed 08-Mar-17 15:03:58

Also, pay with PayPal- posting is enough proof for them.

MuseumOfCurry Wed 08-Mar-17 15:05:10

Wow, I'm pretty surprised by that - so they acknowledge that they received the package, but lost it so won't refund you?

Shocking. Do tweet.

MuseumOfCurry Wed 08-Mar-17 15:05:55

I do this click and collect online ordering and returning all the time - like weekly. You're giving me pause.

red989 Wed 08-Mar-17 15:09:58

I do a lot of home shopping and always return with collect plus when I can because of the tracking as you can check when it's been received back. Just couldn't believe the response of "you sent up a parcel but no proof of what's in it". This was from a senior customer service manager.

Gumpendorf Wed 08-Mar-17 15:17:54

That's really bad OP and I think it feels worse as you don't expect that level of service from JL. The company is starting to lose its shine. https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/mar/08/john-lewis-uk-apple-watch-black-friday-online?CMP=ShareiOSAppp_Other

It was my shop of choice too. However, last year I complained about really bad service in their Oxford Street branch and it was received with a shrug. I haven't shopped at JL since.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now