Talk

Advanced search

To ask you to recommend a good babysitting agency

(6 Posts)
Applebite Wed 08-Mar-17 12:57:33

We've not left DC with a babysitter before, but would now like a night out! We don't have anyone local who can help, because our local friends all have their own kids, and family live at least 200 miles away.

However, I can't shake the paranoid worry about leaving my child with a stranger. Which I know is daft!

Has anyone in London used an agency, and is there one you would recommend? Are they generally ok and safe? My friend recommended www.sitters.co.uk, is that one any good?

Help a paranoid FTM! Thank you smile

mollymaid16 Wed 08-Mar-17 14:19:24

It's not daft about worrying about leaving your child with stranger, personally I wouldn't do it myself I think a night out isn't worth it.

I always try to imagine myself in the child's shoes they are trusting you to care for them but if your out and they are with a stranger then why.

Get a nanny camera

user1488723505 Wed 08-Mar-17 17:38:32

Can you ask friends with children for someone they recommend? Word of mouth is a lot better than references. Who ever you decide on maybe have them over to interact with your child for an hour or more whilst you have a bath (listen on the landing!) or something to see how they are generally. How old is your child?

fuckwitery Wed 08-Mar-17 19:12:08

Sitters is great. I've been using them for over 7 years. You can choose who you like and they become regulars. If you don't like someone you can make that known. Most are childcarets, nursery teachers or nannys looking for extra income. Our new fav sitter is from sitters and she is fab!!

pinkdelight Wed 08-Mar-17 19:15:05

Highly recommend www.likeminders.co.uk/?gclid=CPXtpP7Ox9ICFeQp0woddYAC0Q

pinkdelight Wed 08-Mar-17 19:16:07

Dunno why link is weird. Anyway, I've found them great for all kind of ad hoc childcare.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now