Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to ask about dd sleeping position

(14 Posts)
londonrach Tue 07-Mar-17 20:53:13

Just want advice here if theres anything i can do. Dd is 7 months and learnt she can roll..alot in the last week. For the last 6 months ive been placing her on her back, end of cot etc. The last Week shes rolled in her sleep and woken up screaming on her front. There was one night this happened every hour so she and were very tried the next day. Has anyone had this problem and is there anything i can do. Im continuing to put her down on her back. Shes pfb so worried re cot death if she does go on her front or is she ok now 7 months. Sorry over worried as waited a very long time for her x

WhatInTheWorldIsGoingOn Tue 07-Mar-17 20:55:09

I think once they can roll the advice is that they are fine to sleep on front if that is where they put themselves. Not so fine if she keeps waking up though!

Stardust1901 Tue 07-Mar-17 20:55:38

My DD started rolling at 4 months and sleeping on her side despite us attempting to put her on her back, at 6 months she started sleeping on her front. DD is now 7 months, crawling and ends up in all sorts of positions throughout the night.

I wouldn't worry now so long as your DD can roll off her face if she wanted to and can lift her head well!

ChickenMe Tue 07-Mar-17 20:56:55

The cot death risk drops off significantly after 6m I believe. If she can roll she can get out of trouble so don't worry-by that age DD was co sleeping with me as I had given up trying to get any sleep.

londonrach Tue 07-Mar-17 20:58:42

She can lift her head very well but choses to scream for me instead to sort her. She screams the same during the day when she rolls but ive caught her re rolling. Something she doesnt do at night.

abbsisspartacus Tue 07-Mar-17 21:04:08

At the hospital they used to put a cellular blanket in a U shape under the bottom and up to the armpits if baby rolled over they tended to bounce back again

BertrandRussell Tue 07-Mar-17 21:08:42

Have you tried putting her on her side with a pillow behind her to stop her rolling onto her back?

Nicketynac Tue 07-Mar-17 21:12:28

Do not do the pillow thing behind her please. She might roll the other way (despite the pillow) and get stuck in it.

Llanali Tue 07-Mar-17 21:14:32

As abbssispartacus suggests! That's what we did.

FirstSeemItThenBeIt Tue 07-Mar-17 21:15:27

I spent weeks turning DD back over when she learned to turn onto her front and screamed when she got stuck.

Until my friend looked at me like confused and then I realised that, if I left her for a minute or two, she would learn to turn herself back, or make herself comfy on her front and drift back off. Which she did in one night.

Before that, I was wrecked.

londonrach Tue 07-Mar-17 21:31:44

Thanks everyone. Im going to be brave tonight and do what first said and leave her to sort herself. Not sure i want to put a blanket in the cot. Might need a handhold at 3am or 4am if shes screaming!

BeyondThePage Tue 07-Mar-17 21:36:15

She should be spending a load of time on her front in the daytime by this age, so will find it less upsetting as time goes on.

luckylucky24 Tue 07-Mar-17 21:39:41

My DD sleeps facedown on her mattress. Its a good job she is a heavy breather or I would be constantly prodding her!

She needs to get used to managing it.

mollymaid16 Tue 07-Mar-17 21:42:33

I put my daughter in a grobag and placed her feet at the bottom of the cot then tucked the ends of the grobag in tight to the mattress. Also done that thing later on with rolled up towels under the duvet on each side of her and she slept on top of duvet with a loose blanket

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now