Talk

Advanced search

Another parking one! AIBU?

(98 Posts)
MyShinyThing Tue 07-Mar-17 16:59:21

Okay so Saturday morning I come out to find a big pile of crap (builders sand etc) completely blocking me into my parking space. As DH & I were getting the train to stay away for the weekend I grumbled loudly & left it. Couldn't immediately see who it belonged to & assumed fly tipping.

Got home Sunday evening, it's still there. Neighbour who parks next to me was out so I was able to move my car & just parked it in the road.

Phoned the council Monday morning to report fly tipping.

Got home Monday night & there's an entire broken fence piled up in my space & the pile still there. There's also a sign up for the person carrying out the work.

I called him & gave him a polite earful (didn't swear or anything). Told him he was blocking me out of my space, I'd reported it as fly tipping, he's inconsiderate etc. He promised me it would be gone today & told me it was the people 3 doors down from me having the work done.

I knock on neighbours door, full of excuses "access is difficult" (it's not) "he didn't have anywhere else to put it" (except their parking space or their front or back gardens) etc etc. I told him that wasn't my problem but if he'd bothered to knock on my door or put a note through my door I wouldn't have been nearly so pissed off. He assured me it would be gone today.

Except it's not is it!!! Fence panels are gone but the pile is still there. Neighbour is out.

Do I text the builder & tell him that as it's not gone & it's been there since Saturday on a public highway I'm calling the council back to pass on his details? Do I go back round to the neighbours when he gets home?

Or do I leave it? Am I just making something out of nothing? I'm not really inconvenienced am I, it just means parking another 6 feet away. But I'm so pissed off!!!

Obligatory diagram enclosed! NDN is twatty neighbour.

Happyandhungry Tue 07-Mar-17 17:02:12

Definitely contact the builder and say it needs moving today into the neighbours garden who are having the work done, not on any other public or private property or you'll report the builder for fly tipping and he'll get find. You are not being unreasonable! Its no different to him dumping it in your garden, its your parking space!

Happyandhungry Tue 07-Mar-17 17:02:28

Fined*

harderandharder2breathe Tue 07-Mar-17 17:13:42

Call the council and report for fly tipping and give them his details

AlexanderHamilton Tue 07-Mar-17 17:17:29

I would definatly report him. Buy orders have to prove their waste is disposed of properly & they also have to have a waste carriers licence to transport it themselves so I think he's trying it on.

MyShinyThing Tue 07-Mar-17 17:17:35

He'll probably move it tomorrow though won't he & then I'll look like a bit of an idiot for reporting won't I?

I've had such a shitty day today, yesterday I was all indignant rage, today I feel like I've made something out of nothing!

MyShinyThing Tue 07-Mar-17 17:19:02

Should I warn him tonight that I'm going to report do you think?I have to wait till 9 am to report to the council anyway.

To be honest I'm more annoyed at my neighbour for not bothering to come round!

GlitteryFluff Tue 07-Mar-17 17:20:50

I can't believe how entitled some people are!

bigredboat Tue 07-Mar-17 17:22:47

Take it piece by piece to the front door of neighbours who are having the work done and leave it on their doorstep. Take pictures of it first and report the builder to the council for fly tipping too.

MyShinyThing Tue 07-Mar-17 17:28:54

I would love to do that bigred, unfortunately it's mostly sand so might prove tricky.

I'm tempted to move my car into my neighbours space before they get home.

Sausagerollers Tue 07-Mar-17 17:33:25

Text him to say:

"As you haven't been to move or collect the sand etc you left blocking my parking space so clearly don't want it, I've got a builder friend to picking it up this evening. Any further things left on my property (or blocking my space) will go the same way. Thanks for the donation."

That should get him round to move it, and if he doesn't go and knock on you NDN door and say you need them to move it now.

Happyandhungry Tue 07-Mar-17 17:33:49

Yes move your car into their space. This is really bad they need to know this is unacceptable both the neighbours and the builder.

SauvignonBlanche Tue 07-Mar-17 17:34:14

You should definately park in the neighbour's space.

bloodyteenagers Tue 07-Mar-17 17:34:34

I would park in their space. When they come screaming at you, tell them once they have moved their rubbish blocking the space you will remove your car. You've been more than patient.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Tue 07-Mar-17 17:34:40

Park in space belonging to the neighbours who the crap belongs to.
Leave a large note on your dashboard explaining that car belongs to person unable to park in own space because of the pile o crap

Kiroro Tue 07-Mar-17 17:36:13

Call council to report fly tipping and give information on who the fly tipper is. £1000 fine. Fuck you NDN / builder.

Also move into NDN space.

Sonders Tue 07-Mar-17 17:37:35

I'm pretty sure the MN Rules of Parking dictate that they have your space, so you should take theirs and report them and don't warn them.

To be fair you've already warned them, so why would doing it again encourage them to actually do something?

Mummytobe11 Tue 07-Mar-17 17:38:09

Deffinately park in their space!

paddypants13 Tue 07-Mar-17 17:38:35

Yes to parking in your neighbour's space. You inconveniencing them might persuade them to put a proverbial boot up the builder's bum.

BlueKarou Tue 07-Mar-17 17:40:05

You've spoken to the builder and to the NDN and it's not gone, so definitely report it to the council. You've been more than reasonable and they've done nothing, so now it's time to show you mean business.

Nquartz Tue 07-Mar-17 17:45:14

Agree, report & park in their space.
Ps love the diagram

MyShinyThing Tue 07-Mar-17 17:45:37

Right I've been out & moved my car into their space. I may actually have been able to squeeze between them & the pile if I'd tried really hard. I think he'll get the point though.

Will call the council back & pass on all his details in the morning.

Tartyflette Tue 07-Mar-17 17:45:40

yes, please report it (send photos). It's completely out of order and if some random builder employed by someone else in my road dumped anything at all on my drive I'd report it as fly tipping unless they moved it within a very short space of time indeed.

Pigeonpost Tue 07-Mar-17 17:47:01

Yes, park in ndn's space. what a twunt.

harderandharder2breathe Tue 07-Mar-17 17:47:19

Yes to parking in their space

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now