Talk

Advanced search

To sack off a nap routine

(8 Posts)
Rollonbedtime7pm Tue 07-Mar-17 15:44:13

DD2 is 10 and a bit months, generally a good sleeper but been having some issues recently.

As we do a school and preschool drop/collection she's had to nap on a schedule as otherwise it didn't fit around it all. Until recently would wake her in the morning so could fit the second nap in before school as she is rubbish at sleeping very long in the pushchair.

She is starting to resist her pm nap and for various reasons, ended up just sleeping 9:45 - 12:30 yesterday and that was it for the day. Was shattered at bedtime but slept all night.

So today just let her go until preschool collection so she pretty much slept all morning.

If she sleeps tonight then WIBU to bin the routine and just let her do what she wants? Does it matter if she has her main nap in the morning?!

mumtomaxwell Tue 07-Mar-17 15:53:04

She's happy, you're happy - sounds like a win all round!

She could always have a pm power nap on the days she's really tired.

Soubriquet Tue 07-Mar-17 15:59:50

Let her nap when she wants it.

Ds has a morning nap and no afternoon nap. He sleeps lovely at night

Cakescakescakes Tue 07-Mar-17 16:06:59

My dc dropped to one nap at that age.

Rollonbedtime7pm Tue 07-Mar-17 19:52:26

She was surprisingly chirpy this afternoon having been up since 12!

I suppose the morning nap will just move later and later and become an afternoon nap anyway?!

I have done this twice before - can't remember any of it!! grin

CurlsandCurves Tue 07-Mar-17 20:38:07

Sounds just like my 2 at that age.

She's dropping a nap so will sleep at odd times for a little while. Then it'll gradually move to a middle of the day nap. Which is lovely if you can grab a cuppa and feet up while she sleeps!

mrsm12 Tue 07-Mar-17 20:51:51

My twins do a morning nap too, only way i could fit it around the school run (plus i get 2 hours peace to myself!) Stick with it

MuncheysMummy Tue 07-Mar-17 22:13:24

shock at 2 hour 45 min naps! My 9 month old has 2 or a max of 3 half hour naps a day! In fairness he sleeps for around 11/12 hours a night pretty much solidly though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now