Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask what would wear where the city mayor and children were present, in a hot climate?to a workshop

(15 Posts)
hellokittymania Tue 07-Mar-17 10:42:31

I will be a speaker as well.We will be doing a cooking class and games with the children.

I'm stuck. A suit seems too formal, and most of my other nice clothes are dressses. I will probably request a PA as I have a disability and get very overwhelmed with a lot going on, so could possibly change clothes?

hellokittymania Tue 07-Mar-17 10:44:15

Could I wear this to speak?

hellokittymania Tue 07-Mar-17 10:47:04

I am a very small size, 4-6 and buy childrens a lot and I don't really have nice trousers except for my suit

Birdsgottaf1y Tue 07-Mar-17 10:47:19

Jemima Kahn and Angelina Jolie have nailed this with a dressy long tunic top and trousers, always similar to local dress.

Is there a gender dress code, religious considerations?

Birdsgottaf1y Tue 07-Mar-17 10:49:17

What dresses do you have?

Dresses are fine.

hellokittymania Tue 07-Mar-17 10:49:49

No, it's Philippines so no gender dress code

marcopront Tue 07-Mar-17 10:52:26

Can you tell us where? As this may affect it.
In a hot climate loose clothes tend to be better, also cotton clothes are good. I think that outfit looks like it would be uncomfortable in the heat.

I am currently sitting in a rickshaw in Mumbai. It is about 30 degrees centigrade. I was at a parent conference today as a teacher. I am wearing a loose cotton top and a skirt, which is my usual outfit.

hellokittymania Tue 07-Mar-17 10:53:32

These?

hellokittymania Tue 07-Mar-17 10:59:50

I have this but I havent worn it as it's really loose and I'd need either a shirt under or cardigan over.

hellokittymania Tue 07-Mar-17 11:04:56

It's very loose, accidently bought kids 16

penguincrumble Tue 07-Mar-17 11:05:46

The black dress with the shirt looks appropriate to me if it's not too warm. Formal colour.

Birdsgottaf1y Tue 07-Mar-17 11:12:37

If the black dress is light enough to wear in the heat, then I'd go with that.

It fits you really well and tbh, it looks like a Teachers attire, from their perspective.

It's important that what you choose fits you well.

marcopront Tue 07-Mar-17 12:01:44

I like the black dress.
I'm not sure about the white and blue one, can you try a picture from further away?

marcopront Tue 07-Mar-17 13:42:05

Another thought will the workshop be inside or outside? If inside then there may be AC which might change what you wear.

hellokittymania Tue 07-Mar-17 15:54:59

Both, I think games may be outside, I don't remember schools having A/C though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now