Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed by the constant farting

(61 Posts)
YouJumpIJumpJack Tue 07-Mar-17 09:47:47

(Lighthearted and can't even be bothered to nc)

So, I think DP may be harbouring a dead body in his gut! He bloody stinks and it's not just occasionally.

I'm sick of the house smelling like eggs, everytime I walk into a room where he's been it's almost guaranteed it will stink.

Should I just cut my losses and LTB?! Or buy an air freshener to stick to his arse grin

Does anyone else have to suffer the near constant smell of sulphur? It's not normal is it? It genuinely really annoys me though.

ClemDanfango Tue 07-Mar-17 09:50:01

My DP could asphyxiate a T-Rex with his arse bombs.
I feel your pain! envy----not envy.

SomewhatIdiosyncratic Tue 07-Mar-17 09:52:04

What's his diet like? I find an excess of sugar has antisocial side effects. I also have IBS and certain foods will trigger it off.

Probiotics can help restore the balance of gut bacteria and reduce the problem.

LTB may not be essential after all wink

BarbarianMum Tue 07-Mar-17 10:01:11

That sounds like me - shortly before I was diagnosed with coeliac and Crohns (I had other symptoms too). What it isn't is normal. Either this is a new thing (like a stomach bug) but if not there is something wrong with his but, which may or may not be diet based.

BarbarianMum Tue 07-Mar-17 10:02:26

Something wrong with his gut expressed via his butt

RatherBeRiding Tue 07-Mar-17 10:04:46

Sounds like my ex! It's very likely to be caused by diet. My ex's diet and eating habits were abysmal. If he wants to tackle the problem (and if it doesn't bother him then he may not!) look at his eating habits. Try probiotics. Good luck. It's grim isn't it!

YouJumpIJumpJack Tue 07-Mar-17 10:24:52

Actually I've been telling him for ages that he needs to see his gp because I've thought for a while that there's something wrong.

His diet isn't terrible, plenty of fruit and veg but he goes mad for spicy food and will put chillies on everything (even hot sauce with roast sometimes) so I think that may be part of the problem.

SomethingBorrowed Tue 07-Mar-17 11:11:53

The rule here is either manage to be discreet (noise and smell) or go to the toilet to fart.
If your DH complains, ask him why you should have to smell his poo just because he is too lazy to walk to the bathroom.
Or you can tell him it is so disgusting it is turning you off having any kind of intercourse with him (which would be true for me).

JonesyAndTheSalad Tue 07-Mar-17 11:16:34

My DH was the same. I realised he ate REALLY fast. Literally inhaled food....I told him to slow down as he was swallowing air with the food. Then things improved a lot.

He also can't eat a lot of bread or pulses.

Wando1986 Tue 07-Mar-17 11:19:44

He needs his gut rebalancing. Gas is normal, constant smelly farts is not.

tabithakitty Tue 07-Mar-17 11:20:13

This is grim. No wonder people in LTRs have less sex!

murphys Tue 07-Mar-17 11:24:59

Oh how I am so glad I read this thread today. Feeling a bit down in the dumps.... but I now have just realized how much better my life is without smelling those god awful farts permanently....

It grossed me out then and still does now.

I blame beer. Because that is what every fart smelled off.

Don't miss that part whatsoever.....

Gwenhwyfar Tue 07-Mar-17 11:27:09

" diet isn't terrible, plenty of fruit and veg"

Healthy food is worse for me, but spicy food is bad too.

PuffinDodger Tue 07-Mar-17 11:32:06

My dh probably farts a similar amount to me, but my friend's dh lets off some terrible stenches that make me feel ill.

hungryhippo90 Tue 07-Mar-17 11:33:18

I got quite excited for a moment, I thought you had a boxer too! Nope! Just a man!

murphys Tue 07-Mar-17 11:35:54

HungryHippo grin

StopBloodyClimbing Tue 07-Mar-17 11:41:00

Sounds like my dog before we changed his food!

TinklyLittleLaugh Tue 07-Mar-17 11:44:24

Realising he was lactose intolerant improved my DH's farting problem no end.

KitKats28 Tue 07-Mar-17 11:45:57

Get a greyhound. You will never be able to smell DH over a pointy dog's farts!

Gatehouse77 Tue 07-Mar-17 11:47:37

On the, thankfully, rare occasions this happens (and to be fair, it could be any of us blush) I march in and open windows. Very wide!

QueenMortifauxcado Tue 07-Mar-17 11:48:04

This post brought back some unpleasant memories. Its not normal, try probiotics.

yoohooitsme Tue 07-Mar-17 11:48:53

Could be a food intolerance, a bug or maybe gall stones or something else entirely... Dr for that....

Meanwhile burning a decorative candle helps get rid of the smell and looks pretty too wink
our dog has a similar recurring problem so I always have a drawer full of candles available grin.

TinklyLittleLaugh Tue 07-Mar-17 11:53:08

Really, burning a naice candle helps? I will never look at my Jo Malone addicted friends in the same way again.

HerOtherHalf Tue 07-Mar-17 11:54:29

You could always buy him a few presents from here:

www.myshreddies.com/

fifitrixibellethe1st Tue 07-Mar-17 12:03:19

This sounds very much like me blush or at least that's how I used to be. Initially I put it down to being on a particular medication, the common side effects of which are stomach issues. However, after a couple of years of this I then started having black stools so saw a GP. Following a week of no change and eventually collapsing in my garden I ended up in hospital in need of a blood transfusion because I'd lost so much blood. I had to have a camera down into my stomach at which point they discovered I had Helicobacter Pylori, a nasty little bugger which, it is estimated, 40% of the population have without even knowing it. In my case it was eating away the inside of my stomach, hence the bleeding, but that is a very rare occurrence. OP, if only for your nose's sake, I think you should encourage him to see his GP, although if this is his only symptom I wouldn't necessarily be too concerned about it. It could be something, it could be nothing but if it's a recent development then I think it should be checked out and if it's h. pylori an anti-biotic treatment should sort it. Good luck. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now