Talk

Advanced search

To park in baby parking?

(12 Posts)
Clairescottshug Mon 06-Mar-17 20:39:02

So I parked in baby and children parking in an industrial type estate- lots of popular shops. I wanted to buy some trainers, I had my 7 year old and 12 week old baby with me. Baby crying for a feed (didn't realise he was on a growth spurt and where we went was a 30 min drive away from home) so we went back to the car, husband went to Tesco to but a drink each and a snack, we sat in the car so I could feed babe and we could all refuel.. I didn't want to spend a fortune in a cafe when we could have a drink in the car for half the price (sorry) so our intention was to feed the babe, then finish the transaction in the trainer shop and go home.

Meanwhile, a lady with a baby in the car pulls up behind us, we gestured we are staying, she huffed and drove off. She then proceeded to park up, come to the window, to huff and puff, and shout and scream about how terrible we were and how long do we take to leave. We tried to explain the situation but couldn't get a word in, she became Totally inappropriate in front of the children and asked her to go way. She stated she breastfed herself when I tried to explain but that wasn't a good enough reason for being there. We were selfish apparently and should have moved.

Should we have moved and gone and tried to find a space again? Were we really that selfish? It's really bugged me ever since ...

Bodicea Mon 06-Mar-17 20:40:55

No. She sounds insane!

Thattimeofyearagain Mon 06-Mar-17 20:42:11

No, she sounds batshit.

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 06-Mar-17 20:42:13

Woman sounds like a loon. Shouting at random people in car parks. Those spaces are an added bonus not a God given right.

user1484750550 Mon 06-Mar-17 20:45:01

She stated she breastfed herself when I tried to explain but that wasn't a good enough reason for being there. We were selfish apparently and should have moved

She sure is clever breastfeeding herself. grin

No you did nothing wrong.

hibbledobble Mon 06-Mar-17 20:50:10

You parked in parent and child parking with a child and a newborn, I have no idea how you could possibly have been unreasonable.

CactusFred Mon 06-Mar-17 20:52:27

You were in a car with a small child. It's a parent and child space. Screw her!!

I've parked up in the past with DS fast asleep and sat there waiting for him to get a bit more sleep in... and feel no guilt!

They are parent and child spaces- there's no rule that you can't wait in the car for some reason.

Clairescottshug Mon 06-Mar-17 20:53:08

Well that's a relief straight away, I genuinely questioned whether we should have moved but I figured if I went in to eat and drink the difference, would she have come into a cafe and demanded to know the times of arriving of everyone with a baby? I just didn't want to spend a fortune and b/feeding can be hungry thirsty work, and ultimately probably quicker that way than doing a cafe route anyway.

Mumoftwoyoungkids Mon 06-Mar-17 20:54:20

She sure is clever breastfeeding herself. grin

I've always been a teeny bit tempted to give it a try! 6 years I've breastfed in total and I still don't really know what it tastes like!

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 06-Mar-17 21:18:48

Well there was no sense strapping a baby onto a car seat screaming moving again then stopping undoing the straps ajd hoping they aren't too hysterical to feed... alot of faff when you could just sit feed then be on your way...

Twopeapods Mon 06-Mar-17 21:22:45

YANBU
She sounds crazy and horrible to shout at you in front of your kids.

DieSchottin93 Mon 06-Mar-17 22:29:56

I'm a bit confused confused was there only one parent and child space? You parked your car. You were in it with your children. I fail to see the problem confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now