Talk

Advanced search

To think it deliberately rains at weekends?

(10 Posts)
sniffle12 Mon 06-Mar-17 16:47:29

Once more I'm sat here in work on an absolutely beautiful spring day. Look at the weather forecast and it's meant to be dry and bright all week - except from Friday when it's going to black cloud chuck it down all weekend.

Is it really unreasonable to expect the weather to develop consciousness and keep any rain to Mon-Fri where it belongs?!

Bluesrunthegame Mon 06-Mar-17 16:48:46

YANBU. It totally rains more at weekends than during the week. Especially Monday, when it's usually nice and sunny.

Gizlotsmum Mon 06-Mar-17 16:50:13

I believe there is actually a scientific explanation for this.. something to do with particulates building up during the week

ButtonBoo Mon 06-Mar-17 16:50:36

Yes, yes, yes! I've been noticing this recently. Why oh why cant it just chuck down every night between midnight and 5am and then turn into a glorious day.

Gizlotsmum Mon 06-Mar-17 16:51:13

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/146120.stm

highinthesky Mon 06-Mar-17 16:53:27

The good Lord offers church shelter on Sundays, so gives us the gift of precipitation. I thought everybody knew that?

ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Mon 06-Mar-17 17:25:17

Yanbu.

Also, it's never ever sunny at a time when it's convenient for me to sit in the garden and sunbathe. Am baffled when I see so many people with sun tans

specialsubject Mon 06-Mar-17 17:42:23

There is some evidence that weather patterns in the UK can end up in seven day cycles. So you get miserable weekends and lovely weekdays stuck in smelly hot offices.

Or if you are a sailor, windy weeks and flat calm weekends.

Mari50 Mon 06-Mar-17 17:52:15

There's another pattern that seems to occur where I live in the spring/summer which is that it's beautiful and sunny til 7am then it pisses down all day until 7.30pm when the kids have to get ready for bed and then the clouds clear and it's gorgeous again. Except at the weekends when it rains all the time.

ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Mon 06-Mar-17 22:04:18

smilesmilesmile what a bunch of moaners we are

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now