Talk

Advanced search

I've not been paid

(6 Posts)
Squeezed Mon 06-Mar-17 13:36:04

I was due to be paid the last couple of weeks of SMP but this didn't happen. Hr apparently have a new software system glitch that meant I wasn't paid. Despite being told on two separate occasions that I would be paid, I have not. Now I'm being told that I wasn't "on the list". Hr manager didn't call when supposed to and after chasing, again, I'm waiting for a response again.
In total I've been on the phone for nearly 3 hours trying to sort it. Mistakes happen, but I've been given false information (or lied to) and I need the money to get a food shop. So aibu to keep ringing this afternoon and clog up the phone lines to get them to sort it?

Allthewaves Mon 06-Mar-17 13:39:50

Ask for a cheque

BaldricksTrousers Mon 06-Mar-17 13:41:22

Are you in a union? In our organisation all additional payments need to be pushed through by I think the 6th of the month for tax reasons.

Squeezed Mon 06-Mar-17 13:44:18

I was initially told I'd get an emergency payment through directly. I can't even imagine how they would mess up a cheque smile
Yes in the union, might give that a try. I was told the tax would be adjusted next month but now I'm thinking they haven't got a clue what they're doing.

BaldricksTrousers Mon 06-Mar-17 13:47:28

Demand an emergency payment, threaten to go to the union. Be loud and annoying and mention breaching of contracts. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Squeezed Mon 06-Mar-17 14:13:23

I'm going to get loud. They're sub contracted and have targets so I'm going to use that as well. Why can't people just do their job!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now