Talk

Advanced search

Last day at work

(9 Posts)
Sweetninja30 Mon 06-Mar-17 12:56:42

I've been working in my job for the last 4 years. It is full time plus a heap of overtime. I have covered so many people's on-calls that I ended up doing 70 hour weeks. I have missed Christmases, weddings, birthdays and visits from family who live abroad. I have kept people from making mistakes that could have really hurt people. AIBU that I expected to have at least a card and a 'thank you for being such a dependable, hardworking employee'; maybe even a pat on the back? As it is I have been rushed off my feet all morning whilst others sit on their backsides, and get to eat a soggy sandwich on a staircase for my 20 minute lunch break. I'm sure I shouldn't feel close to tears on my last day. I started out so positive about today...oh well. At least now I know I made the right decision to leave. Sorry for my little pity party but morale is at an all time low.

Astoria7974 Mon 06-Mar-17 13:00:50

Punish them in your exit interview. I got my last boss sacked by confessing all of his sins with dates names and facts at the exit interview. If you're in a big company it won't impact your reference.

ChicRock Mon 06-Mar-17 13:01:04

NHS?

Maybe they're going to do something at the end of your shift?

Anyway, fuck 'em and use it as a lesson learned... missing out on your own important family occasions earns you no goodwill, you're no better thought of.

Onwards and upwards!

HappyEverIftar Mon 06-Mar-17 14:00:56

I'm sorry to hear that sweet you'll be better off out of there and unfortunately, they will realise when you're gone how much you gave.

Ask a friend/friends out for a drink/meal/cinema tonight or run a warm bubble bath, magazine, music on and.. Relax. Turn this day around and remind yourself of all the good you've done. Here, have my first flowers

NavyandWhite Mon 06-Mar-17 14:08:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Notonyournellly Mon 06-Mar-17 14:54:35

No not unreasonable at all, that's so mean. Selfish gits! At least you can leave knowing you did a good job, and that you most definitely made the right decision to go.

Hopefully they will surprise you later. If not, sod em, and think how nice it will be not to see them again flowers

Sweetninja30 Mon 06-Mar-17 21:13:07

Nothing, In fact I was kept late because in their infinite wisdom they didn't think to get any late cover and I was literally the only person with the training to do it. On the bright side, I never have to step foot in the place again. Thanks for support though smile xxx

AnneTwacky Mon 06-Mar-17 21:16:12

You're good staying late on they day you're leaving.

They will definitely miss you, even if they don't realise it yet.

luckylucky24 Mon 06-Mar-17 21:16:43

Sorry to hear this. At least you know not to do them any favours in the future.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: