Talk

Advanced search

To ask for reassurance/handhold

(9 Posts)
Changednamesorry Mon 06-Mar-17 11:00:15

Something horrible just happened. I was walking down the street with my 5 week old in the sling. All of a sudden a group of 4 lads came charging towards me (we have a problem over the last month with glue sniffers pickpocketing/mugging (I don't live in UK))I felt threatened and so i backed away into alley but I fell. Baby's head did not hit the floor at all i fell on my side but I am pretty shaken up. I took him to paediatrician who checked him over and said he is fine.
I'm jusing looking for reassurance really....
It was terrifying and happened only about an hour and 30 minutes ago. Please be gentle. If anyone had a similar experience and all was OK please share it. I'm reeling.

harderandharder2breathe Mon 06-Mar-17 11:22:19

flowers

That sounds scary and horrible! You did the right thing getting such a young baby checked over.

MaximaDeWit Mon 06-Mar-17 11:28:08

I'm so sorry, OP. That sounds scary and I think I'd be feeling the same as you. You say yourself, it only happened an hour or so ago so you're probably in prime window for feeling anxious about it as you're processing what has happened.

Your baby has been checked out and is fine and probably would have been safest on you anyway as I imagine you'd have instinctively fallen in a way that would protect him with your body.

Have you got anyone you can speak to or be with this afternoon IRL?

Changednamesorry Mon 06-Mar-17 11:30:50

Luckily my boyfriend is still on paternity leave and our flat mate is very kind. I'm just so freaked out and worrying about my little one. My older soho will be home later from school too and I don't want him to worry.

NavyandWhite Mon 06-Mar-17 11:35:12

That's sounds awful. Glad you've had baby checked out and all is well. flowers

LoupGarou Mon 06-Mar-17 11:37:04

flowers That sounds horrendous. How are you feeling? Have you had a hot drink and sometime sugary, they really helps me with shock.

If it helps DS hit his head three times as a baby and I also slipped on ice and fell over with him in a sling, I fell on top of him although he didn't hit his head. I got him checked each time and he was, and is still, absolutely fine. Babies have to have a degree of robustness, you've had him checked so I would try to focus on doing some snuggling and things which make you both happy for the rest of the day.

DS was a pram and pushchair refuser, I always carried him in slings from birth as it makes it so much easier to get away from danger (as you found) though in our case it was from dangerous animals and more practical to have hands free.

LoupGarou Mon 06-Mar-17 11:38:32

Also, did you get yourself checked to make sure you're OK?

Changednamesorry Mon 06-Mar-17 14:18:55

I am inevitable although was in shock I think. Have calmed down now....baby seems fine ....little bit of redness where I think I pressed my thumb on his head whilst catching him but responsive, feeding normally, crying normally etc. Thank goodness. Will be watching him closely but trying to remain relaxed .

Changednamesorry Mon 06-Mar-17 14:19:52

I am fine not inevitable.stupid autocorrect!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now