Talk

Advanced search

To sleep in the car? (Not really aibu, more moral support needed)

(7 Posts)
EnglishRose1320 Mon 06-Mar-17 01:07:22

Have posted a few times on mn, sometimes on the special needs boards about my DS and his challenging behaviour. Posting here for traffic in the hope this will distract me/keep me sane this evening. DS has been having meltdowns all evening, finally fell asleep in my bed just before midnight, carried him in to his room about about quarter past, he woke up and has been screaming since. DS is 11, possible austism, normally I'd just deal with him, however I have a very early start for a funeral over two hours always tomorrow, I'm so tempted to drive there now, sleep in the car and at least have some rest, leave oh to deal with this meltdown.

DJBaggySmalls Mon 06-Mar-17 01:11:50

That sounds reasonable, take care of yourself and do what you need to. flowers

EnglishRose1320 Mon 06-Mar-17 01:14:19

My only concern is it wouldn't be very safe sleeping in a car in a biggish town/small city, I figure it might be best to drive a bit and then catch a rest at a service station, then drive the rest?

SilverdaleGlen Mon 06-Mar-17 01:16:59

I love sleeping in the car it's really quite peaceful. So I say go for it but near a service station so you can freshen up in the morning.

Hope things calm soon flowers

EnglishRose1320 Mon 06-Mar-17 01:18:07

I can't say I love sleeping in a car Silver, bit I do like the idea of some peace!

SilverdaleGlen Mon 06-Mar-17 01:27:52

It might grow on you grin mind you I have three screechy girls and a load of work and personal pressure so with the heater on and the seat kicked back the car seems like a blissful bubble of just me!

EnglishRose1320 Mon 06-Mar-17 01:30:05

I can remember my uni days when DS1 was a screeching toddler, use to go for a drive to settle him, then pull over on a country road and read some textbooks whilst eating a nice pudding. Haven't considered it for sleeping before though. He is a little quieter so may be able to avoid it tonight as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now