Advanced search

WIBU to report this? Who would i even report it to and would they even be interested?

(4 Posts)
AlmostAJillSandwich Sun 05-Mar-17 18:56:04

Just been sat in a car park outside a McDonalds, two males and a female (adults) and a young child, definitely no older than 4, come out walking over to what i thought was the car parked next to a white small panel transit van.

Only for the woman to open the sliding side door of the van and get in the back with the little girl. One male gets in passenger seat, other the driver seat. Woman appears a minute or two later, closes the side door and gets in the other front passenger seat. This is a box type van, back doors and sliding side door with no windows at all in the cargo section. The cab completely closed off from the cargo section. My dad used to use one for work years ago, they have a light in the cargo section but pretty sure its automatic and goes off when all the doors are shut.

Even if the light can be manually switched to stay on, a very young child is alone in the back of this van. There are no windows, they cannot see or touch or probably even hear/talk to the 3 adults in the front cab. No way can there be any kind of safe way to secure a seat, even a suitable high backed booster seat, in the back of this van.
I managed to snap an OK pic of the number plate (only one character is a little difficult to distinguish but im 99% sure its a T), and the woman is partially visible holding the sliding door handle about to close it, but its from the back, she's mostly not in it because was obscured by car next to it.

They drove off hapily visibly chatting away, with this little girl in the back of the van. She wasn't distressed walking to it, it definitely comes across it's her mum she's with, but for the safety factor of how she is travellig is what i'm really uncomfortable with.
Should i report this, who should i report it to, and realistically since there's no actual proof but me seeing it happen and having a pic of a number plate, would they even care/investigate etc?

I'm not a troll before anyone asks, i'm not dumb, but i'm also not a parent and i'm very socially awkward with an anxiety disorder and not in any way clued up on who i should/could contact and want to make sure i'm not making a big deal about nothing whilst also getting advice on best people to report to.

user1485196412 Sun 05-Mar-17 19:00:30

I would ring the police I think. They can pull them over and check whether the child's safe.

AlmostAJillSandwich Sun 05-Mar-17 19:08:41

On the line to 101

AlmostAJillSandwich Sun 05-Mar-17 19:12:12

Said they'll keep a look out for the van but if it's already gotten to where it is going nothing they can do as will have to catch them with the child in the back.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: