Talk

Advanced search

Biopsy

(6 Posts)
notanothernamechangebabes Sun 05-Mar-17 14:40:12

Posting here for traffic really...

Context- Am 6m postpartum and still no periods as BF. Had a smear last month that showed abnormal cells and HPV positive (have def contracted from DP, as last test was clear before I met him, and no other sexual partners).

Had colposcopy and two punch biopsies on Tuesday just gone- and been v bloated ever since. Some mild cramping and brown scabby discharge (now stopped). No smell or fever.

Is this bloating normal? Or is my cervix being an unreasonable bastard and letting me down in multiple ways, after all we've been through together recently???

SuperTrumper Sun 05-Mar-17 17:17:22

Sorry I don't have any advice I'm afraid but im having a colposcopy this week and not looking forward to it. How was it for you?

gingertigercat Sun 05-Mar-17 17:46:32

I had this and it turned out to be strep b. I was very uncomfortable for about 10 days and then (tmi) a massive (really obscenely huge) clot came out and it sort of went away.

I tried every laxitive on the planet to shift it and it didn't make a difference, it's more like it's your uterus that's blown up.

The Drs didn't seem particularly concerned when I went in and no further issues re the cervix area

gingertigercat Sun 05-Mar-17 17:49:09

Supertrumper colposcopy isn't much worse than a normal smear, although I found at first I bled an awful lot after the punch biopsies.

Apparently that's because it was cin 2. Once that had all gone then bleeding reduced dramatically.

Lletz treatment was also fine although the injection into your cervix is not pleasant.

notanothernamechangebabes Sun 05-Mar-17 17:50:26

Colposcopy was absolutely fine. Actually interesting to see my cervix on the screen... less interesting, more worrying when I saw the cells change colour with the acid!

Have to admit, the biopsies weren't pleasant - but def less painful than you'd imagine. I did faint after- but doctor said it was a vasovagal response to touching my cervix- because it certainly wasn't painful enough for fainting, nor was I "bothered" by it (at least not consciously). Eating breakfast and not being able to hear my baby crying in the waiting room would probably have been helpful too blush

Please don't worry- it's not anywhere near as bad as you'd think. And the fainting was totally random. Good luck flowers

notanothernamechangebabes Sun 05-Mar-17 17:53:40

Oh ginger that's interesting. My local gp don't routinely test for strep b but maybe I'll do one of those home tests and see what turns up...

Fannies can be such a bloody bother sometimes! (Pun intended!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now