Talk

Advanced search

To yet again have another day off work?

(7 Posts)
AppleSkies Sun 05-Mar-17 14:23:19

I'm on antibiotics for an infection of my gallbladder. I'm much better now.

However I still have an upset stomach. I'm assuming as a side effect of the antibiotics.

I have been off work lots lately... I only joined 5 months ago!! I have had 4 shifts off already due to my gallbladder... (I'm getting it removed).

DontTouchTheMoustache Sun 05-Mar-17 14:26:12

It depends really, how poorly are you now? Are you just in pain with cramps or D&Van to the point you can't leave the toilet? Only you can really say if you need to take the day off.

DontTouchTheMoustache Sun 05-Mar-17 14:26:40

*V not van. Sorry autocorrect

pipsqueak25 Sun 05-Mar-17 14:26:44

it's good that you are on the mend, do you have d and frequent loo trips ? that might be a problem at work. maybe get another day off and get yourself well to get back, then try to up your work record of actually going smile flowers

WorraLiberty Sun 05-Mar-17 14:26:48

It depends on your job really and how easily accessible the toilets are.

sabzii Sun 05-Mar-17 18:39:14

YANBU. Wait until you're clear of symptoms and fully recovered. Having an upset stomach at work is embarrassing for you and unpleasant for colleagues who have to use bathroom after you.

yorkshapudding Sun 05-Mar-17 18:59:57

It depends. Are we talking occasional loose stools or constant running back and forth to the toilet? If it's the former then I would probably take some immodium and go in but if it's the latter then I would have thought that would be difficult to manage in most workplaces.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now